Why is Suhali so much pricier?

thats a good question! i love the suhali line, its one of my fav LV lines. i was at the boutique the other day, one of the SAs said that the gold metal hardware is 18k gold-plated. at least, i believe she said 18k. i was sort of distracted staring and touching the bag. lol!

seriously? this is the first i have heard this...are you sure it's not just polished brass?

i actually don't know why it's more expensive BUT i love the suhali line! my aim is to buy myself a suhali lockit pm (in white) by december....i was debating between this or the stratus pm but my SA is all for the suhali. she says it's timeless and not "trendy" like any of the cloud bags.

the craftsmanship for the SUhali bags is like NO OTHER line which often have very minor "flaws". Suhali is superbe in terms of the detail, stitching, glazing, symmetry...etc. The saying 'what you pay is what you get' really is true here.

Thanks cherry pie and liberte for your responses!

I know goats are not rare.....I wonder if the tanning process is more difficult or labor intensive than calf..........

:smile: Actually it is. It is thinner, softer and harder to work with. There is also more hardware and it is gold plated. Oohhhhhhhh to dream! I will get one one day. :tup:

:banned:Until Xmas! ( Or my fairy godmother appears!)

I wish I could thank everyone individually for thier comments-so helpful!:smile:

I've been working on justifying this purchase to myself, and you guys are great enablers...LOL.

seriously? this is the first i have heard this...are you sure it's not just polished brass?

I asked my LV manager this yesterday since I read this and was buying a Suhali, actually 2, unless they make up stories, lol -- he said they are gold plated and I asked him if he was sure and he said he was told so by France.

I asked my LV manager this yesterday since I read this and was buying a Suhali, actually 2, unless they make up stories, lol -- he said they are gold plated and I asked him if he was sure and he said he was told so by France.

I've never heard of this. LV describes the hardware on the Suhali pieces as "Golden Brass" on their website... The hardware on my Suhali looks just like the hardware on my Mono, Damier, Vernis and Denim pieces.

I guess its the goat leather, I just got a suhali zippy black wallet-my only suhali(can't afford the 'bags til I retire, then I treat myself!)
The leather is the most lugurious, soft leather I've ever touched! I just want to hold it and love the gold studs,so unusual and eye catching. I'm SURE THIS WILL BE MY ONLY SUHALI ITEM FOR A LONG TIME, BUT BELIEVE ME ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!
I love epi-but on the bags ,the wallets cannot compare to the suhali, tRY SOMETHING , CAUSE YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT!!!:tup: