Why is Neiman Marcus cancelling orders???

So speaking of NM, has anyone else noticed that this supposed "additional 25% off sale items" sale is well... BS? NM also owns Bergdorf Goodman and once you add on the 25% off, it's all the same price as BG for the same merchandise. They just marked up the "sale" price to make people think they're getting a deal.

I think I may be sticking with Saks. They really left a bad taste in my mouth with that. It seems kind of shady and deceitful to me.

As long as we're complaining about Neiman Marcus...why is it that after all these years, they STILL only take Amex and the Neiman Marcus card?

I don't like stores that basically force you to get one of their credit cards (or something they are partnered with like AmEx). Their website takes all credit cards. I (and many other people I'm sure) don't carry a checkbook anymore. It's ridiculous that I have to do what I did recently and go to an ATM to take out like $400 in cash to buy something there.

This thread just confirms my own irritation with Needless Markup. For my money Saks is always my first choice, then Nordstrom & Barneys; I only go to NM if they are the only place that has something I want.

Quite an accusatory post, is it not? :mad:

Um, I certainly hope it's not being implied that there is an underlying issue as to why they cancelled my order, as well as possibly others orders, or are you? :lol:

Yes, NM is indeed cancelling my account for returning a used product. Authentic, absolutely, but a used one. One that smelled of smoke, no less, and I do not smoke. :Push: Any other returns that I have made there have been absolutely authentic, and the exact same bags that they shipped out to me, thanks very much.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that this was implied about someone of whom their identity isn't even known. :wtf:

B. Jara - I, for one, REALLY appreciated you sharing your personal experience. You also provided a link to a very interesting article about how some retailers are tracking all of yours and mine and everyone else's purchases.

I was disturbed by that responding post as well but I looked at the member status (brand new, contributed 3 posts thus far, and their listed location is "hell", interesting, someone who thinks they are in "hell"). I dismissed them. I also thought "maybe that is Terry in disguise" (hehheh)

I've never bought anything from NM (I don't live anywhere near one, so I've never even been in one) and now I know I never. These stories are appalling!

I understand why stores may have problems with SOME returns....there are shifty people out there who buy, wear and return repeatedly.....but in this day of online shopping, OF COURSE the rate of returns is going to be higher because we can't see the danged merchandise before we purchase it! You would think they would understand that!

:boxing:

B. Jara - I, for one, REALLY appreciated you sharing your personal experience. You also provided a link to a very interesting article about how some retailers are tracking all of yours and mine and everyone else's purchases.

I was disturbed by that responding post as well but I looked at the member status (brand new, contributed 3 posts thus far, and their listed location is "hell", interesting, someone who thinks they are in "hell"). I dismissed them. I also thought "maybe that is Terry in disguise" (hehheh)

Thank you, aptmtb! :yes:

I didn't even notice the member status...and I usually do. :P

Interesting to say the least....:throwup:

It certainly doesn't sound like good customer service. I guess the old phrase, "the customer is always right" no longer exists. If anything, I would expect better service from a store like NM. Nordstrom's has always been known for their liberal policies and have a big fan base because of it.

Personally, I've only had a couple of issues with NM and it took forever to straighten them out. Overall, I've been happy, but I'm the type who rarely returns things. I think I've only returned one bag.

Thanks for the heads up on Neiman Marcus (the store) only accepting AMEX and the NM card. I've only purchased once online, and I never would have known this. I'd have gotten up to the counter and been like...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Thanks for the heads up on Neiman Marcus (the store) only accepting AMEX and the NM card. I've only purchased once online, and I never would have known this. I'd have gotten up to the counter and been like...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

That is exactly what happened to me the first time!

Their response is, "Well, you can open a Neiman Marcus card right now!" Nice trick. lol.

Anyway, glad I may have saved you the experience. If you must go to NM, and you don't have AMEX, bring your checkbook!

Caroline Kennedy wrote a book about Privacy ten years ago and I didn't appreciate the deep meaning and impact of that until today...what a wise woman.

A *store* credit card means that the company can and will track every purchase you make and with data they can come to conclusions about you and cross sell you and up sell you.

Google is doing the same thing - everything you search gets traced. LOG OUT of your google ID if you don't want your search patterns logged.

neimanmarcus.com is a website so they have more data available to them to action on then a brick and mortar store unless you give the brick & mortar store your telephone number.

At the end of the day, I think that like a stupid policies, the honest consumer will be hurt and the very sophisticated scammers will still succeed in scamming.

Every time you google something, you are sending a blob of data to the Google servers (engine), which can log and analyze that data. Once you start using GMAIL or any other Google service, you have now created an identity for yourself and by the way, Google owns that data.

So say you have an email address of [email protected] and you use that email. Well, most people don't ever log out of their email. So when you go to google.com and search, your search words are now tied to [email protected]. If you happen to search a lot on CHANEL PURSES (for example), google will then know that about you and start giving you advertisement and links and such to Chanel, LV, Hermes, etc.

We go completely off topic of purses, but also know that all your email in GMAIL is owned by google and they do search your email and cross reference and track data about you.

I am not-anti google. I use google quite a bit myself, I just know these things and I log out if I don't want my google searches tracked and I NEVER use my GMAIL for anything business critical.

Other software companies will likely do the same, it's just that Google is ahead of everyone and VERY GOOD AT IT.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this as it's quite an informative and helpful reply. It's much appreciated.

I don't have a gmail account, although I use google as a search engine and I wondered how google logged search patterns.

Thanks again aptmtb. :flowers:

Does anyone have experience with NM backordering an item?
how long does it usually take for them to have the item??

AHH.. I can't believe they didn't even tell me the item was backordered... I had to find out by talking to an SA!! :cursing: