Why is it so hard to stop wanting bags?

Reasons why I love Bags:

1. they are lightweight
2. They are non-fussy and practical but far from being plain
3. The leather is so scrumptiously sloughy and soft
4. The colors are so unbelievably gorgeous.

Given the large number of styles and colors, the possible combinations are practically infinite - so its hard to not find another bag/color that you absolutely have to have.

Hmmm...I thought about Charles Jourdan again and look what I found from the May 2006 issue of Travel & Leisure --

THE SHOP Some of the best designers have trained at Charles Jourdan (23 Rue François I, Eighth Arr.; 33-1/47-20-81-28), but it had been decades since the 85-year-old brand was hot. Since February 2005, creative director Josephus Thimister, formerly of Balenciaga, has boosted Jourdan's style quotient and given the label's classic pump a sexy new contour. TOP PICKS Red python sandals with ankle strap ($470); two-tone gray canvas sandals with wooden heel ($350).

I was pre-destined to be a Bbag lover...

because these are naturally beautiful bags with or without the brand name or stating the expensive price.
unlike the screaming logo bags... i like b bags because the are humble and not to mention the TDF leathers!!! :P and colours... and variety of styles...

Why Bbags? That's been answered (the leather, the styling, the colors...)

But, why a bag obsession? Well, like jewelry and shoes and makeup (other obsessions of mine) and unlike clothes, it doesn't matter if you've gained a few pounds. (Or ALOT of pounds.) I can carry a high-end designer bag and feel pampered, luxurious, fashionable, and special everytime I look at it.

And then there's this... I can walk through the supermarket or the mall and know that 90% of the women I see don't have a clue and who cares? The other 10% might know what I'm carrying and admire the bag and me (for having such good taste.) Is that it?

I totally hear you! I started off with Coach bags too! I remember thinking I could never spend more than $500 on a bag! ;) Now, doesn't it seem so much easier each time you spend more? Sometimes I see the price of a bag now and say, "that's not bad!" if the price is less than $1200! That's crazy!!! :lol:

Me too!!! OMG- I noiced that the other day while browsing eluxury.com!!:shame: My relations in that context have completely changed since I bought my black first!:upsidedown: How interesting is that!

Once you have 1 bbag, you cant stop... and that is saying something about the bag itself - not the 'brand'

A bag, for me, can bring so much pleasure and joy - and that is why I'm addicted!

They make me feel good!

I love to hear all these lovely comments! I agree with everyone! Have always been a bag lover, but never could find the right one. I was on an endless search. It was like the perfect bag was what I was missing in my life. Buy one, carry it for awhile, then all of a sudden look at it and go yuck, need a different style, color, leather. In fact I keep waiting for that feeling with bbags, and it hasn't happened yet! I'm actually content and fulfilled! These are the bags I have been looking for my WHOLE LIFE! :crybaby:Sorry, got real emotional for a minute. I think they do fill a deep void in my life for reasons that I won't go into; you can carry your stuff with you, it's all about your stuff! The bbag opens wide to look at your stuff, it's slouchy and cuddly, like your pillow, your bed, a cup of coffee, your hubby, your kids (when they're sleepin!:s ), not necessarily in that order. I feel COMPLETE!!!:heart:

only difference for me is I never jumped into designer bags until late 2006 from burberry to gucci to chloe to balenciaga to chanel. just got a chanel a week ago, and now i'm looking at lv on eluxury. god, i'm hopeless :crybaby: :crybaby:
gonna be broke soon :cursing: :cursing:

I always loved bags but never "invested" in designer bags until 2005 after I got married. I was talking with friends before the holidays and they pointed out to me that I've bought all my bags (8 to count) within about 1 year! I started off with LV bags, moved to Gucci bags, dabbled in Prada then finally discovered Bbags. (I know you're not suppose to have faves when it comes to your kids but Bbags really outshine all my other ones!) My New Year's resolution was to save money (aka stop buying bags for a while). If you can't already tell I'm already starting to have a hard time keeping that resolution! Bbags just come in so many beautiful styles and colors that it's hard not to want more! :hysteric:

Wow! I can't believe how this thread has grown! I LOVE it!!! :yahoo: Isn't it funny how we can relate so much to each other? I find it so amusing. When I first started this thread it was because I was reading all these other threads on the forum and I found myself loving all the Bbags I was seeing other people post pictures of and feeling my desire for another bag creep back. It's nice to see I'm not alone! It's nice to see we're like a big family of bag addicts! :roflmfao:

OK, so who here compares prices of things to the price of your Bbags? My husband and I recently decided to install an alarm system in our house and when we met with the sales guy he quoted us and initial installation fee of around $1400. I remember thinking, "That's affordable. It's like a really nice bag." I think I do that a lot when I think of the cost of things. "That's like 2 bags..." or "Do you know how many bags I could buy with that!" Silly, huh? :wlae:

The colours make it unstoppable... so many gorgeous colours... there's always a way to rationalize that X amount is not enough because you don't have this colour...

I think it's getting to the point where my boyfriend doesn't understand what's up with all the bbags. He's normally very understanding of my purse obsession, but he doesn't understand why I have the same bag in different colours. He wonders why I don't diversify a little. hmm... and I don't know what to say. I still love other designer bags... but somehow I NEED another bbag...

I can totally feel you. Just last weekend, my bf said to me "instead of buying the same bag in different color, why not get a nice Gucci instead?" I was like :wtf::lecture:!! But I'm still getting a Gucci later... :P