why is ebay taking so long to show up!!??

I had my LV's take a full 24 hours. They said if it takes LONGER than that, you can file with them for some fee refund...whatever.

One thing I noticed is that if you use Auctiva (which is free), the Auctiva scrolling header shows all your items immediately. So, if someone is looking at another of your items, they can actually see the "invisible" listings as soon as you list them, rather than waiting for hours and hours.

It's not perfect since they don't show up in search, but it's interesting that someone could potentially do a "Buy It Now" on something from the Auctiva scrollbar before it ever shows up in the search!

(I'm thinking this is a great way to get some good deals from my favorite sellers before most people see them!)

Can I revive this old thread to ask if waiting times on the weekends or during holidays seem to be the same? In other words, do you think it's a computer program or an actual person who's checking these listings?

This is the 1st time I've sold a designer handbag on ebay, so I was surprised when it didn't show up in a search after 5 hours. Of course my first reaction was to come here!

TIA!

The thing is, you could understand and accept it if they were spending that time verifying the listings to make sure the item is authentic etc, but with the amount of fakes on there, they are definately NOT doing that so why does it take so long.

It's completely annoying when this happens.

But what's even worse is when your item goes up right away, you get a BIN 10 seconds later, you don't get the "Your item is sold" email for a few minutes and then you relist the item because you thought it didn't go through, lmao. That happened to me once - double fees!! :cursing:

Can I revive this old thread to ask if waiting times on the weekends or during holidays seem to be the same? In other words, do you think it's a computer program or an actual person who's checking these listings?

This is the 1st time I've sold a designer handbag on ebay, so I was surprised when it didn't show up in a search after 5 hours. Of course my first reaction was to come here!

TIA!

Luckily, I woke up this morning & it had been listed in the middle of the night. I was just sort of worried because, newbie that I was, I forgot to put a "gallery" picture in my listing, so I had to revise late last night. So, mine took about 7 hours to go through (for a mid-end designer brand).

My chloe and ralph lauren items took exactly 24 hours to show up, while other clothes were listed immediately.

And If i added to the description - there were also 12 hours delays!

Its soooo frustrating!