Why is Coach copying RM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
12937_b4by_a0_front

The handles, the side clips, the strap - the accessory ring... I know designers get 'ideas' from other designers, but this is rather blatant, isn't it? I stopped at a Coach store today to pick up some moisturizer lotion and saw this bag on the display and I flat said it outright - "that looks like a Rebecca Minkoff bag". The clerk just ignored me.:wtf:

I think there was a thread about this a few weeks ago. Try searching for it if you have a second.

The clipped down sides are not "copying" RM. That style has has actually been around for a while. People just don't notice it unless somebody like Coach or another large brand does it.

I think this bag is way more like the MBMJ Dr. Q Groovee Satchel, which was inspired by a Prada bag.

I don't see it being similar to RM. RM doesn't sell her bags with the shoulder strap as of yet, and the shape of this Coach bag is not boxy at all, IMO.

These copying threads are hilarious! I love to see where they go! You get Coach who's copying RM who's copying Marc Jacobs who's copying Chanel and into infinity!

:P

• Haha
Reactions: Shelby33
Status
Not open for further replies.