Why is Chanel purses so expensive here in Japan,any idea ?

luckycharms

❤~Aim to please~❤
O.G.
Aug 24, 2008
the prices are so different compared to the US or Australia.. this is one of the reason why i am undecided whether i should purchase my 1st Chanel from Chanel boutiques here or just try my luck at EBAY.. Although i am really scared to bid in an expensive purse at ebay because it might be a FAKE purse. Anybody, wanna sell me a good one ?
you know where to find me. TIA

XS:
anyone bought their Chanel's in Japan ? How was the experience ?

i would love to have a bag that can hold baby stuffs like diapers etc.. like GST or black jumbo xl flap or you can suggest for other items. A bag that i can use everyday and can match a casual outfit because i am now a SAHM.

I'm an American currently living in Japan and I can honestly say that Chanel prices here are much much higher than the States. My friend who is also a tPF member just bought the 08 classic jumbo lambskin flap in Florida for around $2500 and yesterday I was at the Chanel store in Shinjuku (Tokyo) and the price tag for that exactly same purse was $3880. Crazy or what huh? My guess is the tariff. Foreign products that get imported into Japan are taxed way too much and in return, consumers suffer the consequences for those high tariffs. This is why I'm waiting until I go home this Christmas to hit up those Chanel boutiques in South Coast Plaza. Cannot wait...

I'm an American currently living in Japan and I can honestly say that Chanel prices here are much much higher than the States. My friend who is also a tPF member just bought the 08 classic jumbo lambskin flap in Florida for around $2500 and yesterday I was at the Chanel store in Shinjuku (Tokyo) and the price tag for that exactly same purse was $3880. Crazy or what huh? My guess is the tariff. Foreign products that get imported into Japan are taxed way too much and in return, consumers suffer the consequences for those high tariffs. This is why I'm waiting until I go home this Christmas to hit up those Chanel boutiques in South Coast Plaza. Cannot wait...
see ! i was surprised too. it is waaayyyyyyyy more expensive here.. its terrible !
this is why im undecided..

wow, i thought here in australia is the most expensive place already but japan is even more -_-""", i think the jumbo lambskin flap here is AUD3350

jumbo lambskin here is aud3750...!!!i just saw the rose fonce in jumbo lamb..yup yup..this is the price tax..but you get 10% back. but i do agree everything in japan is sooooo exp..bowl of ramen is like wat???mm...20bucks???