Why is Cabas Mezzo 2011 not popular?

Nlvfan

Oct 18, 2010
I don't see many reveals here. This bag has been on my mind lately. I saw it in the boutique early December but there was no WOW factor for me. It actually looked quite huge for my 5'4" frame and I'm not sure it's too deep to dig my things out of.

I know most of you will say if I have even an ounce of doubt, I should not get it but I do like in on other peeps and it is not a permanent line......and I can't get it off my mind.

Should I get it before the price increase? Anyone of you who has the old & new Cabas Mezzo can help me with the pros and cons of whether to get this bag?

For me the pros would be it's a functional bag, I owned an older one for awhile (and they do come up quite a bit on resale if it would be easier for you to bite that bullet, versus new) And I like the zipper. There is something a little cheaper-looking about the new ones though, I think the leather isn't as thick or something. And there's always that apprehension about all that vachetta on the bottom. Difficult to maintain. I'm not crazy about the triangle shaping on the side either, but that's just me. I agree w/ LVKeepallfan just go try it on again, and sometimes that's all it takes to KNOW if you need that bag or not. If it didn't WOW you when you saw it at the boutique the first time, I'm not sure why you'd think twice at this point. For that amount of $ something new better WOW me! Haha! It might be too much for an every day bag too, at 5'4" and if you're petite as well. Good luck deciding.

I remember quite a few reveals when it was relaunched, don't forget people still probably have their old ones too!

I love everything about it except that darn Vachetta base, a disaster waiting to happen knowing me. I don't think it would be too deep, but as mentioned try it on and perhaps load it up with your stuff to try

It is classic but u also think it was discontinued for a reason.....it became less popular. I am not going to buy a bag just because Angelina carries it. I buy what I like and if I wanted a big tote I would def. get a neverfull before that and I don't even like the neverfull . It's just not my style and I don't think the zipper/ weight/ vachetta are realistically worth that much more.

There are Many resale Sites with preened in excellent condition and I think the fact that there were so many available just made some people buy preloved after all the buzz.

Check it all out before you buy but if you are really interested, def. get it now

I just bought one myself. And I actually think its a very classy bag. Sure the vachetta bottom is a concern but I can't live in fear of my handbag so I just go for it. It holds so much and has a zipper to boot! I can fit my laptop and all my junk in there and still have room for more and not worry about someone sticking their hand in like they are stealing cookies from a cookie jar (like the Neverfull). I know lots of people are afraid of this bag but I figure it looks less like a diaper bag (Totally) and more like a working woman bag and I have nothing bad at all to say about it!:woohoo:

From what I hear it is very popular and not many were made. It is an all around classic bag. I have been an LV collector for 20 plus years and I do agree that the bottom is not near as thick as the ones made years ago. LV quality is not like it was 20 years ago. When I started buying LV all they made were monogram US and French. So back then they did not have as many styles to even choose from. I love the Mezzo....it's a great classic bag.

Reactions: Kellyd
This was one of the first bags I ever purchased....I have used this bag off and on for years and still love it. Yes, the vachetta does get dirty on the bottom but I purchased the bag to use and dirt is going to occur. It is a classic piece and will never go out of style

This was one of the first bags I ever purchased....I have used this bag off and on for years and still love it. Yes, the vachetta does get dirty on the bottom but I purchased the bag to use and dirt is going to occur. It is a classic piece and will never go out of style

From what I hear it is very popular and not many were made. It is an all around classic bag. I have been an LV collector for 20 plus years and I do agree that the bottom is not near as thick as the ones made years ago. LV quality is not like it was 20 years ago. When I started buying LV all they made were monogram US and French. So back then they did not have as many styles to even choose from. I love the Mezzo....it's a great classic bag.

I just bought one myself. And I actually think its a very classy bag. Sure the vachetta bottom is a concern but I can't live in fear of my handbag so I just go for it. It holds so much and has a zipper to boot! I can fit my laptop and all my junk in there and still have room for more and not worry about someone sticking their hand in like they are stealing cookies from a cookie jar (like the Neverfull). I know lots of people are afraid of this bag but I figure it looks less like a diaper bag (Totally) and more like a working woman bag and I have nothing bad at all to say about it!:woohoo:

It is classic but u also think it was discontinued for a reason.....it became less popular. I am not going to buy a bag just because Angelina carries it. I buy what I like and if I wanted a big tote I would def. get a neverfull before that and I don't even like the neverfull . It's just not my style and I don't think the zipper/ weight/ vachetta are realistically worth that much more.

There are Many resale Sites with preened in excellent condition and I think the fact that there were so many available just made some people buy preloved after all the buzz.

Check it all out before you buy but if you are really interested, def. get it now

I don't like the vachetta base. I wish it had little feet like the alma!

I remember quite a few reveals when it was relaunched, don't forget people still probably have their old ones too!

I love everything about it except that darn Vachetta base, a disaster waiting to happen knowing me. I don't think it would be too deep, but as mentioned try it on and perhaps load it up with your stuff to try

For me the pros would be it's a functional bag, I owned an older one for awhile (and they do come up quite a bit on resale if it would be easier for you to bite that bullet, versus new) And I like the zipper. There is something a little cheaper-looking about the new ones though, I think the leather isn't as thick or something. And there's always that apprehension about all that vachetta on the bottom. Difficult to maintain. I'm not crazy about the triangle shaping on the side either, but that's just me. I agree w/ LVKeepallfan just go try it on again, and sometimes that's all it takes to KNOW if you need that bag or not. If it didn't WOW you when you saw it at the boutique the first time, I'm not sure why you'd think twice at this point. For that amount of $ something new better WOW me! Haha! It might be too much for an every day bag too, at 5'4" and if you're petite as well. Good luck deciding.

It's a classic bag that's very casual and easy to use. Try it on at the boutique and see if it suits you; if not, get something else.

Thank you everyone. Your comments made me recall why I had second thoughts about the bag....the huge amount of vanchetta and also the canvas looked thinner than I had expected!

I think I'll probably skip getting this bag since I have so much doubts.

I just got this bag in November and really love it for a mono tote - to me a nice alternative to the Mono NF. It is just a classic looking - no frills LV tote. I love the zipper. And I love that the handles have the hardware so that they can lay all the way down without putting stress on the leather like the NF does. Not sure if that makes sense.

I have never looked at the older Cabas Mezzo so I can't compare it. But to me, the canvas is quite sturdy and substantial with the lining. Especially if compared to the more floppy NF. (I own the Ebene NF and have owned the Azur NF) And the bottom vachetta seems plenty thick. I can't imagine thicker...so I'm extremely happy with my choice. I will say that it is a BIG and deep bag. I use it with an organizer which helps to bring things up from the bottom a bit. I'm 5'7" and I think it is a good size for me but if I were more petite, I might think it was too big. Yes, the bottom vachetta is frightening but I've treated it a number of times and it is currently "tanning" right now. LOL Good luck with your decision! I'm sure you will make the right one for you. :biggrin:

I agree with others that state to go try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn't, it does not matter whether or not it is popular or classic, etc --- you wont use it.

For example, many adore the Delightful - I have tried it and I dont like it even though it looks great on other people and is a popular bag. It's not for me and it would be a waste of money.

Good Luck with your decision:smile:

I just got this bag in November and really love it for a mono tote - to me a nice alternative to the Mono NF. It is just a classic looking - no frills LV tote. I love the zipper. And I love that the handles have the hardware so that they can lay all the way down without putting stress on the leather like the NF does. Not sure if that makes sense.

I have never looked at the older Cabas Mezzo so I can't compare it. But to me, the canvas is quite sturdy and substantial with the lining. Especially if compared to the more floppy NF. (I own the Ebene NF and have owned the Azur NF) And the bottom vachetta seems plenty thick. I can't imagine thicker...so I'm extremely happy with my choice. I will say that it is a BIG and deep bag. I use it with an organizer which helps to bring things up from the bottom a bit. I'm 5'7" and I think it is a good size for me but if I were more petite, I might think it was too big. Yes, the bottom vachetta is frightening but I've treated it a number of times and it is currently "tanning" right now. LOL Good luck with your decision! I'm sure you will make the right one for you. :biggrin:

Agree that it would look huge on my petite size. Thanks for your very detail feedback.:smile:

I agree with others that state to go try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn't, it does not matter whether or not it is popular or classic, etc --- you wont use it.

For example, many adore the Delightful - I have tried it and I dont like it even though it looks great on other people and is a popular bag. It's not for me and it would be a waste of money.

Good Luck with your decision:smile:

The Mezzo was one of my first bags....LOVE my Mezzo!!!! It is a workhorse!! My Mezzo has been on many of trips with me!!!! Love her!!!!!

Thanks all. I think it is just the "I HAFTA GET ME A NEW BAG BEFORE THE PRICE INCREASE" panic speaking.....

is this bag on the website? I tried searching for it and found nothing. I really like it!!

It's available at the store in limited pieces but not online. ;)