Why I'm glad I keep shoe receipts (and why I love Saks)

JuneHawk

Let's get some shoes
O.G.
May 10, 2007
I bought my Manolo Blahnik Sedarabys when I was 32 weeks pregnant. It was an impulse buy so I didn't really have to time to think about how they'd fit once I had the baby. My son is now 15 months old.

Anyhow, I had not yet worn the shoes and I'm glad! A couple of days ago something told me to try them on. I did and, effectively, they were too big. Of course, I panicked. I bought the shoes a year and a half ago, I didn't think I could exchange them.

I called them today and explained what happened and that I am a regular customer (which I am) and the manager said sure, they'd exchange them. WOOT! I there and they knew who I was (goodness knows i go there often!) and proceeded to exchange my shoes. They were very surprised I had kept my receipt for so long. I'm glad I did because they would not have been able to help me if I didn't have it.

So, I am not home with a pair of Sedarabys that fit and a whole new love, and appreciation, for Saks and the people who work there.

The moral of the story is...keep your receipts! I keep them in the box with the shoes.

June that is fantastic that they would exchange them for you!:yahoo:
What's funny is I did the exact same thing! When I was pregnant I was on a buying spree of shoes not really thinking about what would happen to my feet after I gave birth! :shame: After the birth of my second DD I crossed my fingers and prayed that all my shoes would fit and I'm so glad that they do! The Sedarabys worried me the most as I went down 1/2 a size from my regular US size and a full size from my CL sizing!:nuts:

That is so great that it worked out & they did that for you. I would have had the opposite problem. My feet grew 1 1/2 sizes (from a 6W to 7.5M) from my pregnancies .... which is when my shoe-collection started as I had to start all over from scratch. I went from 20 pairs that fit to .... a whole lot more in my new size. I keep receipts forever, too :biggrin:. It happened too often in the past that I would need it within a week after finally tossing it.