Why I shouldn't have gotten leather!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Okay so I went with the leather Peyton Carryall in blue leather. I LOVE the color and it was a change since I am usually a brown or black girl.

Anyway I have had the purse for a few weeks and there is already a noticeable scratch on the front :sad: It isn't big but noticeable.

Any ideas on how to make it look better? I did buy the leather conditoner from apple so maybe I should try that.

Shannon

2. Try apple conditioner - it always gets scratches out of my leather. Leather is more forgiving. If you had fabric - it'll be frayed and there's not much you can do to fix that. Good luck.

3. Scratches are just going to happen. Try some conditioner or you cam try rubbing your finger over it.

4. Yup. I actually liked one of my legacy bags with some scratches! The scratches just made it look much more worn in and beautiful.

5. Apple conditioner will make it less noticable but it has never really removed or changed that scratch so much that it would not be noticed..

Leather scratches a lot and some leathers more than others.. It is part of the charater of the bag...

6. Definitely get Apple conditioner.

Like everyone else said, scratches are bound to happen. Some people find that leather just isn't for them!

7. Try the conditioner but I bet you can't even tell. Some leathers are bound to get scratches.

8. Condition, then apple guard or Wilson's spray it 2x... scratches over time will occur, but realize that they are more "beauty marks" than "blemish marks" and love them all the same.

9. i like the look of scratches/wear! not damage, but "lovingly handled"

10. So sorry this happened to you.

Out of curiousity, why apple guard vs. leather moisterizer from Coach?

11. I agree with the others-- the Apple conditioner will help make the scratch less noticeable. Put on a TON and let it dry and then buff like crazy with a soft cloth... it doesn't make large scratches vanish completely, but it helps a lot!