Why I shouldn't have gotten leather!

chasenluke

Aug 11, 2008
Okay so I went with the leather Peyton Carryall in blue leather. I LOVE the color and it was a change since I am usually a brown or black girl.

Anyway I have had the purse for a few weeks and there is already a noticeable scratch on the front :sad: It isn't big but noticeable.

Any ideas on how to make it look better? I did buy the leather conditoner from apple so maybe I should try that.

Shannon

Try apple conditioner - it always gets scratches out of my leather. Leather is more forgiving. If you had fabric - it'll be frayed and there's not much you can do to fix that. Good luck.

Apple conditioner will make it less noticable but it has never really removed or changed that scratch so much that it would not be noticed..

Leather scratches a lot and some leathers more than others.. It is part of the charater of the bag...

Condition, then apple guard or Wilson's spray it 2x... scratches over time will occur, but realize that they are more "beauty marks" than "blemish marks" and love them all the same.

I agree with the others-- the Apple conditioner will help make the scratch less noticeable. Put on a TON and let it dry and then buff like crazy with a soft cloth... it doesn't make large scratches vanish completely, but it helps a lot!