Why I Should Buy a Lotto Ticket

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
The big winner lives right across the street from us and the store where he bought his ticket is just down the road. :wtf:

If he won't be buying himself a new vehicle I hope he at least takes his two smoke belching rattletraps in for a tune up. :yucky:

3 XXXXXXX residents win big in lottery

August 17, 2009 3:03 PM

A (Local) man who stops by the XXXX Store on XXXXX Road for coffee each morning is the winner of
$237,720 in the Carolina Cash 5 drawing.

XXXXXXX told lottery officials that he checked the numbers for the Aug. 11 drawing on the N.C. Education Lottery Web site the morning after the drawing, realized he won, then went to work as usual.

XXXXXX won $161,650.24
after taxes and told lottery officials that he planned to buy his wife a new car with his winnings.

Other local winners include:
- XXXXXXXXX who won $10,000 in the Aug. 15 Powerball drawing. XXXXXX bought his ticket at XXXXXXXXXX.

- XXXXXXXXXXXX won $5,000 in the $200,000 Jackpot instant scratch-off ticket game.

The Powerball Jackpot is up to $245 million and would be the 10th largest in Powerball jackpot history if someone won, according to the N.C. Education Lottery. The Powerball drawing will be Wednesday.

Guess I'd better pick up a ticket or two when I'm out tomorrow. :yes:

I believe one of our lovely TPF memebers who lives in Italy just won an Italian lottery! She wrote about it in the Balenciaga forum. Perhaps TPF members/people who know us are jus apt to win the lottery :amuse:

The most I've ever won was $2 from one of those scratch off tickets. I took the $2 to buy more scratch offs tickets and came up empty handed.

I guess I'm just not a gambler at heart, or maybe there's a compulsive gambler inside me and I'm afraid of unleashing it. :true:

My husband buys about $20 of the scratch offs a week. He loves them--I think he dreams of winning millions. But when he wins the small amountss--say $5--he puts them in a stack to take them in and cash them. But he never does. Sometimes I find a stack years later. I don't know what the point is, if you don't cash them!!

haha I know how you feel! My next door neighbor also won the lotto from a store not far from our houses! After taxes it was about 75k (she won 100k) and took the $ to trade in 2 cars & buy a brand new one. I wanted to win, but I was happy it was her, her husband passed away about 2 years ago, and her daughter has had a hard time with it also...glad to see some joy go their way!