why hermès bags are an investment ...

hermes_lemming said:
I know this question wasn't directed to me but I'm pretty sure that the Kellys will keep their value as well.:greengrin:
yes true . they do increase with the normal price increases hermès commits but the prices are not through the roof like for the birkins.
example: a kelly 10 years ago was around 2500-3000 now it is in between 5 to 7 so you can sell them for 5 to 7. a birkin that was around 4k years ago an now is around 7 to 8 can be sold for 10 ;)

lilach said:
yes true . they do increase with the normal price increases hermès commits but the prices are not through the roof like for the birkins.
example: a kelly 10 years ago was around 2500-3000 now it is in between 5 to 7 so you can sell them for 5 to 7. a birkin that was around 4k years ago an now is around 7 to 8 can be sold for 10 ;)

Would someone spend more for a "used" bag? I just sold my black box 32 rigide Kelly for $2000 and it cost me about $4000 at the time. I did use it about three or four times and it was in perfect condition but sold it for less because I had used it and it wasn't store fresh.

lovehermes said:
Would someone spend more for a "used" bag? I just sold my black box 32 rigide Kelly for $2000 and it cost me about $4000 at the time. I did use it about three or four times and it was in perfect condition but sold it for less because I had used it and it wasn't store fresh.

:amazed: I think that Kelly could've sold for retail! Or close to it.

shu said:
:amazed: I think that Kelly could've sold for retail! Or close to it.
absolutely you just made another person very happy with selling under value. DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN :lol: ;)

oh and the trick before selling used bags is . just simply check it into the hermès "beauty clinic" and get it refurbished the bag will look like new :flowers:

LSE said:
I wondered if you could help me. I have a rouge Birkin that I got ballpoint pen on. Do you have any ideas as to removing the ink safely? Thank you
LSE
bring it to your nearest hermès store they will advise you to either have it done by them or what other pissibilities they maybe have in mind. (if it is minor they do reccomend sometimes good products that will do not harm the leather)

lilach said:
absolutely you just made another person very happy with selling under value. DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN :lol: ;)

oh and the trick before selling used bags is . just simply check it into the hermès "beauty clinic" and get it refurbished the bag will look like new :flowers:

If you do that, do you still sell it as new or do you say it's used but refurbished like new?