why doesnt lv take visa?

socalgrl86

Mommy Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2006
can someone please tell me why LV doesnt accept visa? the other day i went with my dad to buy my mom a mono Alma and we had to write a check because the SA said that lv doesnt accept visa. hmmmm..

can someone please tell me why LV doesnt accept visa? the other day i went with my dad to buy my mom a mono Alma and we had to write a check because the SA said that lv doesnt accept visa. hmmmm..

Was this at Neiman Marcus? NM doesn't accept any credit card other than Amex or the NM card. The LV boutique in SF takes all cards.

When my Dh bought me the Damier for my bday, we had first tried to buy it from the LV in Neiman's because the SA was so much nicer there. Unfortunately, they couldn't take his Visa check card. He was so annoyed--how can they accept checks, but not check cards? Such a bizarre, not to mention antiquated, policy!

NM has a corporate "partnership" with Amex. Hence, no Visa or MC. The only NM to accept Visa is the store in Vegas due to the large tourist customer base. NM doesn't accept debit cards, so you can't use your check card either.