why does red hair seem to be famous? lol

Oct 9, 2006
well, im a natural red had right back to my great great grandmother and every femal in my family since then, i have very bright red hair, and it seems no matter WHERE i go i get at least a dozen "AH i love your hair, you have beautiful hair, is it real do you wear a wig, do you dye, etc etc etc" Im just wondering what people find so OMG about us red heads, i mean yes its more rare then the other hair colors but honestly im wondering if people havent seen red hair before...its flattering but after HOW MANY years come on people its red lmao...

who else here is natural red head?
do you get omg comments lol?
share your stories!

Naturally, I am a brunette and I am not a redhead but if that's you in your picture, you have very nice hair. Natural redheads are a bit more rare than the other haircolors, so that's probably why you always get dozens of comments. Also, if that's how your hair is naturally, it might be because your hair is wavy too. I have naturally really curly hair, (even though now I only wear it wavy kinda like that, not super curly anymore.), and when I wore it curly everyday everyone, even strangers, would come up to me and ask me if its natural, compliment me, etc. It got so annoying after a while.

But yeahhhh, that's probably why. : )

I myself am a natural redhead. Not the orange red but more of a darker auburn red. When I was younger, about 13 yrs old, my best friends mother thought that I dyed my hair this color and I always got when I would go to the hair salon "do you know how many women would kill to have your hair colour? So many women colour theirs to look like your's." I do get complimented on it quite a bit. I almost think it is rather flattering.

lol yah thats me, natural red natural curly and i cant go straight or my hair feels like corse horse hair THATS what sucks lol iv always wanted straight blonde lol yah at first its like oh thanks!! but after awhile i know it a compliment and i appriciate it but holy crap, its very unnormal to me lol

:Pyou should post a pic of your hair! yes its very flattering ...im just very shy so compliments are like..o....thank you lol kids used to call me rusty when i was little because of my hair so i never liked red, now its growing on me lol

I myself am a natural redhead. Not the orange red but more of a darker auburn red. When I was younger, about 13 yrs old, my best friends mother thought that I dyed my hair this color and I always got when I would go to the hair salon "do you know how many women would kill to have your hair colour? So many women colour theirs to look like your's." I do get complimented on it quite a bit. I almost think it is rather flattering.

It's not just "more rare," I remember reading somewhere that only about 1% of the human population has natural red hair. There is a natural red head in my office, so beautiful!

I'm a natural redhead too, and I ALWAYS get comments. Mines curly too, and I'm lucky that it looks really good if I just let it air dry. People always say "oh your hair color is so pretty..and how long did it take you to curl it?" They get pretty mad when I say that's what it naturally does hahaha :smile: I hated being a redhead as a kid, but now I lovee it!

because it's SO special!!! Seriously, it's a novelty to see a true red head and based on your avatar pic it's beautiful as are you!
I have a hard time keeping my hands to myself around red haired children :-s I just want to run my hands through it!

hahaha thank you *blush*:smile: yah my mom is the same way when she sees red haird lil girls she FREAKS out and then we get the whole " when can i have a grandbaby like that soon" oh my.....hahaha id like to see pics of all you other red heads !!

yah i just found out were like 1%-2% of the population....thats freaky! does anyone else here believe the whole "temper" myth...i do...from experiance...i am a true red head that way lol

because it's SO special!!! Seriously, it's a novelty to see a true red head and based on your avatar pic it's beautiful as are you!
I have a hard time keeping my hands to myself around red haired children :-s I just want to run my hands through it!

Yes it is true about the temper thing with redheads. I am very fiery...just ask my SO. LOL I also have the fair skin, freckles and burn in no time outside. I actually read an interesting article about redheads not too long ago. I will try to find it and post it on here later. It is quite funny.

lol yah i too snap fairly easily im very quick tempered lol i too am very pail and have freckals but not the dot lookin freckals looks more blotchy but as you can see cover up does wonders lol

Okay so I have now found the article.
Here it is http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/10/13/it’s-like-a-curse/
The part in it saying that :They claim that red hair to some signals a Celtic background (up to 13 per cent of Scots are redheads and up to 10 per cent of the Irish have red hair)", is very true, at least for me. My mother's side is both Irish and Scottish. The rest is quite entertaining and very interesting. I do have to go now, but will be back later to see what opinions there are on it.

I'm a natural redhead..auburn...and while I found it to be curse when I was a kid(school).. older people always had something nice to say about it..they loved it!)...as I grew up I appreciated it more...and people would comment on it often.
Red hair to me is something you don't always see so I think people notice it more?
Your hair is very pretty!
Now that I'm older its fading some..which I don't like...so love it while you can!!:flowers:

Because it's simply GORGEOUS!!! I have natural red highlights in my blonde hair and I always get told that I should become a total red head (but I don't dye my hair so that's not going to happen unless it occurs naturally!) but yeah... just totally gorgeous! It also helps that gorgeous women like Christina Hendricks va-va-voom up the glam level!!!