Why does my E/W gape on the side?

shanam

62 is the new 40 LOL
Aug 15, 2006
I have had my caviar E/W with bijoux chain for over a year. In the past couple of months I have noticed that one side gapes open - to the extent that a lipstick can fall out if I pick it up the wrong way. The side does not lfit into the flap - it pushes out would be the best way I can explain it.
I do not overfill it or have anything in it that would cause this. Is there anything i can do so that my bag has perfect symmetry or is this no big deal?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 153
Try restoring the side crease manually and wrapping tissue around it to hold it in place.
Then set it aside for a few days.
I think this will help solve the problem ;)

^^^^Thank you. I had thought of pressing the crease in and putting something heavy on it to hold it in place but worried that would flatten the quilting. Will try this .

Oh wow I hope you can fix it. I have an E/W and the sides on mine are perfectly folded in so I dunno why that happened on yours. The bag still looks nice. I wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:

The grape '08 arrived with one side lacking the crease. Look at the side that has the crease. Using your first two fingers to form a Y -- on the side sans crease, use the Y to form the leather into a crease. Hold the shape. Repeat the process til the crease forms. I think you said your purse was caviar, which is stiffer than lambskin, so it's my guess you'll have to repeat the process a few times. (It works on my lamb beautifully, in about 3 repeats, btw.