Why does my E/W gape on the side?

shanam

62 is the new 40 LOL
Aug 15, 2006
Connecticut
I have had my caviar E/W with bijoux chain for over a year. In the past couple of months I have noticed that one side gapes open - to the extent that a lipstick can fall out if I pick it up the wrong way. The side does not lfit into the flap - it pushes out would be the best way I can explain it.
I do not overfill it or have anything in it that would cause this. Is there anything i can do so that my bag has perfect symmetry or is this no big deal?:rolleyes:

Attachments

Feb 24, 2007
All i noticed was your ring .. LOL
well to answer your question, I had this problem once with my black caviar e/w too?
i'm not too sure why?

chicbags

O.G.
Feb 2, 2006
Try restoring the side crease manually and wrapping tissue around it to hold it in place.
Then set it aside for a few days.
I think this will help solve the problem ;)

shanam

62 is the new 40 LOL
Aug 15, 2006
Connecticut
^^^^Thank you. I had thought of pressing the crease in and putting something heavy on it to hold it in place but worried that would flatten the quilting. Will try this .

chicbags

O.G.
Feb 2, 2006
I'm not sure why it gaps but this is the reason why I never bought an E/W bag.
I think the extra, weight of the TDF Bijoux chain contributes to this as well,
not just the E/W ligne.
I bought a gently used '07 Jumbo and also had to gently mold the
corners back into place.

gina8521

May 15, 2007
Las Vegas
Hey, great tip with the tissue wrapping! I don't have a an E/W but I have had other bags that do the "gap" thing & it drives me crazy!

StarBrite310

Purse Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
L.A.
Oh wow I hope you can fix it. I have an E/W and the sides on mine are perfectly folded in so I dunno why that happened on yours. The bag still looks nice. I wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
The grape '08 arrived with one side lacking the crease. Look at the side that has the crease. Using your first two fingers to form a Y -- on the side sans crease, use the Y to form the leather into a crease. Hold the shape. Repeat the process til the crease forms. I think you said your purse was caviar, which is stiffer than lambskin, so it's my guess you'll have to repeat the process a few times. (It works on my lamb beautifully, in about 3 repeats, btw.