Why does my chanel bag looks like this?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Girls
    I'm new to this forum. I hope for some help as I can not figure out why my new chanel bag looks like this. I have bought it preowned from a reliable seller. Why is the flap shorter in some of the classic flap bags? Is mine a older model or? I have posted two pictures. The beige one is the same as my bag - the flap is shorter than on the other picture. The other bag in red has a longer flap? Are they different models or?
    Hope someone out there can help me.:smile:
    Cheers, Marie

Attached Files:

2. The flaps are generally shorter on the vintage flaps like the jumbo L and XL. That said in one of the recent past seasons (not sure which), the maxis had a shorter flap like the vintage flaps too.

Do not worry :smile: As long as you had the bag authenticated and it was from a reputable seller, you can breathe easy!

3. Hi Jade81
    Thank you so much for your answer. Does that mean that my bag is old, or could it be one from a reason season? Do you know where I can read more about this?
    Cheers Marie

4. if there's still a hologram sticker inside your bag, you should be able to tell when it's from.

5. Yeaps look at the hologram :smile:

6. Hi girls
    The hologram says 8797720
    Cheers

7. I can't tell the year from the hologram either. Someone please educate? Anyways, this bag looks vintage.

8. Hi, hope the info below able to help....

7-digits--

9XXXXXX series - 2004 to 2005
    8XXXXXX series - 2003 to 2004

9. Yours could be the vintage Jumbo L or XL which looks similar to your flap...

10. Probably a Jumbo...the vintage XL Jumbos weren't still being made after the late 1990's.