Why does H discontinue a bag?

Cynyc, I know I have seen a picture of the Colorado :yucky: sorry to offend anyone who likes them...I wonder if they are discontinued. I saw one for sale at Bluefly a couple months ago.

They also had about 13,567,890 of them at the H sale. :lol: I actually like the shape of the bag, or at least don't hate it, but the thing that SUCKS about it is the suede flap. First off, it looks weird, secondly it's not functional and gets in the way.
I actually really wanted a smallish shoulder bag from H that wasn't a Bolide or a Trim, and the Colorado fit every requirement except that it's just a stupid design. LOL

Well, yeah. That's not blasphemy, it's the truth. The Colorado is just impractical AND a bit unattractive, though, at least to me. So, it's kind of a lose-lose situation, LOL. At least with other impractical bags you can console yourself with the fact that they're stunning!

^ I wish they would...

Actually, you have a good point, I don't know what the rules would be concerning bags designed for particular people. Like if Mr Lakis decided to discontinue the availability of his Kelly, would H do it? Hmmm....I bet the designs are all owned by Hermes, to use at their discretion...?

Sometimes they won't allow even VIP's to order, by the way. I know a VIP who asked to order a Kelly Elan and was told no....but she was able to order it at a later date, so I'm unsure of the politics involved.

Personally, I find the Lindy impractical......those 2 zippers and the way it separates my arm fr my body (only the 30cm). Also, I like the handles, but I find the strap plus 2 handles a little busy. All that said, I think they look gorgeous on peoples shoulders......

They also told me a big resounding NO on the Kelly Elan as well :sad: But I wouldn't say I'm a VIP or anything so that makes sense.
I sure wish they would stop offering that ugly Casden bag! If they ever start, that is. LOL It looks like it has boobies.

Putting all my replies into one Sorry!:blush:

Seton Thank you

CynthiaNYC 13,567,890!!:roflmfao::roflmfao:
Your so right about a beautiful impractical bag! At least you can look good while your fumbling for your wallet!

GrandFonds I agree about practicality. I love a beautiful bag but sometimes their bags are impractical and not so attractive! Sorry rolling all my replies together...That's so strange that a VIP would not be able to order an Elan. I wonder what exactly are the conditions surrounding a SO? Does it have anything to do with work hours needed to create the bag, materials? :wondering:wondering

Hermes Nuttynut I won't cry if they discontinued the Casden!:blah:

Lee217 I love my Lindy but tonight while I was out shopping I was having some problems getting in and out of it! I guess nothings perfect!:amuse:

^ I don't know why J, all I know is this client is the biggest croc customer at my store, and she was told she would just have to wait. She eventually was able to place the order after three podiums. The more familliar I become with the process, the more baffled I am...it truely seems it doesn't matter how much you spend, in some cases.

GF Well I guess its yet another thing to add to my list of things I just don't get...I'll put it next to...#12 Why is there always a line at the women's washroom and never the men's?:confused1: