Why does chapstick become gritty after a while in the tube?

AmyS

O.G.
May 9, 2006
I had this problem with alot of my chapsticks. They begin off nice and smooth but after a while the texture just turns gritty like im rubbing on sand. Does anyone know why this happens?

I've used Chapstick for many years and have never noticed it turning "gritty".

As lelgin said, perhaps it's due to something you ate which left food particles on the Chapstick. Or maybe dry skin that flaked off around your lips.

Eyelove, I LOVE your kitty! Is he/she a persian? I have a black persian as well (he is 8 months). He is nothing like your typical persian though. He is very chatty and hyper...then again it could be because he's still a baby.

lordguinny said:
Eyelove, I LOVE your kitty! Is he/she a persian? I have a black persian as well (he is 8 months). He is nothing like your typical persian though. He is very chatty and hyper...then again it could be because he's still a baby.

Thank you! My persian (he was a tabby persian) died many years ago (2 decades ago). His name was Samuel. The cat in my avatar is a random persian that I think looks very much like Samuel. We have photos of Samuel, but since this was way before the time of digital technology, obviously I am unable to post jpegs of him. That is why this cat is in my avatar! :smile: