Why does buyer's *bay sig not match her previous purchases name?

JeanToo

Oct 13, 2007
I just sold YEA! a CHanel bag on bay--buyer has 26 100% + reviews. But I wanted to check past purchases. She had many chanel/coach/ high end purse purchases totaling (22 in last 6 months) sprinkled through Sept-OCt-Nov. But, when I look at who was the winning bidder on all these item it says different name from who bought my bag. a....b* you know, those partially hidden names, bought all the stuff but my buyers bay name starts with a diff letter, they all say 26 feedbacks from Sept throough latest purchase. Why would the feedback number increase? Why doesn't my winner bidder name match previous purchase bidders from old feedbacks? I will wait to ship. I got ok to ship from Paypal. Thanlks all

I just sold YEA! a CHanel bag on bay--buyer has 26 100% + reviews. But I wanted to check past purchases. She had many chanel/coach/ high end purse purchases totaling (22 in last 6 months) sprinkled through Sept-OCt-Nov. But, when I look at who was the winning bidder on all these item it says different name from who bought my bag. a....b* you know, those partially hidden names, bought all the stuff but my buyers bay name starts with a diff letter, they all say 26 feedbacks from Sept throough latest purchase. Why would the feedback number increase? Why doesn't my winner bidder name match previous purchase bidders from old feedbacks? I will wait to ship. I got ok to ship from Paypal. Thanlks all
Go into her ebay page and under get more info see if she's changed her ID? This sounds a bit strange to me. I would wait for others to chime in here before shipping the bag.
Also did you check the buyer's id on www.toolhaus.org?
Could this be a hijacked account?

From my experience, partially hidden ids do not always starts with the same letter as the real ids. 22 is probably her feedback score as buyer and 26 is her total feedback. If you got OK to ship from Paypay, why wait?

Ahh--scrambled letters thingy works for me, the two letters in the astericks thing are in her sig. This lady likes her Chanel and Gucci. She just bought another chanel today. The feedback score was my bad--of course as I look at history it shows her current score, not the score at the time of that bidding. I am just a little paranoid and I was trying to type it in on my lunch hour, so I was thinking under stress. Not good for me.
I did look at toolhaus and no new info that wasn't on her bay info. I feel lucky to get a buyer.Thanks for your replies.

Ahh--scrambled letters thingy works for me, the two letters in the astericks thing are in her sig. This lady likes her Chanel and Gucci. She just bought another chanel today. The feedback score was my bad--of course as I look at history it shows her current score, not the score at the time of that bidding. I am just a little paranoid and I was trying to type it in on my lunch hour, so I was thinking under stress. Not good for me.
I did look at toolhaus and no new info that wasn't on her bay info. I feel lucky to get a buyer.Thanks for your replies.
I would say double check with PP to find out exactly how you are covered and if it checks out, send with insurance and SIGNATURE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. Let us know how this goes and good luck.

Transaction completed, buyer gave me positive feedback, said the bag was so nice (and it was!). So, that comfirms it, the hidden name has a bit of scrambledness to it but both letters revealed were in her e*ay sig. Yea! sold the bag and all is good!