Why do you watermark your photos?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just curious. I see a lot of photos watermarked here and I'm wondering why. I understand if you're selling on eBay and don't want someone stealing your pix, but what other reasons would there be? I've never watermarked any photos I've posted; if someone wants to download them and use them for something else, I really don't care. Is there something I'm missing?

2. Well, I would watermark them so no one takes them and calls them their own. People can list it as authentic and they being selling a fake. Some people just don't want the risk.

3. ^I agree. I watermark my photos so that no one can try to pass them off as their own. Whether it's a scummy seller who wants to steal money from someone or a troll who wants to pretend they have a large purse collection on some other forum...it's just nice to know that they won't have much luck using your photos.

4. this is a public forum, therefore you could/do have odd people here that are here for one reason, stealing photos for ebay.
    There have been a few issues with this happening, so many will have tpf id or your forum id @tpf so if something comes up on ebay its easy to find out of your pic has been stolen or you actually are selling things.

hths