Why do you think the Clover bracelet is not…

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
Why do you think the Clover bracelet is not seen nearly as much as for example the Cartier thin love pave (similar price point)?

I’ve noticed if you search on Instagram for pictures (trying to get stacking ideas for a future purchase) it doesn’t seem to be as popular of a piece on social media while our local stores are always saying how popular the item is + I saw on another thread that an SA said that the preorders for this piece go into the 100’s…

Do you think it is as popular but just used more by many people who don’t post/tag? Not as popular? I like that it isn’t a “uniform” and is different from the crowd but also curious to know why that may be…

I do see the Alhambra collection online and in person A LOT… I love it too.

Within my own community I see a lot of Alhambra on the daily and at social gatherings as well as seeing the Cartier love on so many people, but I’ve only ever seen the VCA perlee clover on one person within our community.

Curious to know your thoughts. Does it being less common to see make you like it even more?

It’s a beautiful piece! No doubt.

The pave love in small is similar in price (almost the same price).
I think the clover look isn’t for everyone. I have a cartier love bracelet only. Honestly when I first saw alhambra pieces, I thought it looked kind of juvenile- but the more I look at it now, the more I’m gravitating towards it!

Reactions: myztic

I think the clover look isn’t for everyone. I have a cartier love bracelet only. Honestly when I first saw alhambra pieces, I thought it looked kind of juvenile- but the more I look at it now, the more I’m gravitating towards it!

One perk also with the love bracelets is they are low maintenance, no need to be delicate or worry about damage… however, they do scratch so easily.

Reactions: pamella
One perk also with the love bracelets is they are low maintenance, no need to be delicate or worry about damage… however, they do scratch so easily.
Yes, agreed!. I was just going to add another comment to say this. I never have to take my love bracelet off, whereas I’m hesitant to make my first alhambra purchase because they generally can’t get wet (I much prefer stones over guilloche).

Totally! And the mirrored finish on the Perlee Clover bracelet would look worse scratched & I wouldn’t wear it all the time for this reason. Maybe the diamonds protect it? I don’t have it so I don’t know. I have the love ring & it’s totally scratched & I don’t care. I even wear it to the gym.

I see it a lot in my feed and a few of us in my social sphere (irl) also have it, so for me, I see it enough. In my honest and personal opinion, I hope it doesn't become any more popular - I prefer it to be more low key. If considering the small pave Love vs Clover, I would say on social media, I see the small pave Love vs. the Clover at about a 60/40 split. Also, if one might also make an assumption some of them are fakes, I think the Cartier Love is more "well-known" and probably easier to replicate than the Clover (Ive seen some fake Clovers online and they are some doozies). All in all, I try not to focus too much attention on that stuff - just hope it doesn't become mainstream.

Last edited:
I see a lot of Van cleef including perlee where I live. One potential reason for seeing more Cartier on social media is that it has been popular longer. Another reason could be it faked more. It is easier to fake Cartier than vca, so that could be driving social Media posts. I know a fair number of people who wear fake designer jewellery and bags. Some can afford the real but choose to buy ‘quality’ fake. Don’t believe everything you see.
I agree with Glamour and I hope vca stays less popular. That is part of attraction to me.

For me, Cartier pieces are easier to understand. VCA was an acquired taste. I had to see the pieces IRL to appreciate to appreciate the workmanship and the color and the texture of the stones. Of all the more well known houses, their pieces feel the most alive, detailed and most functional for the wearer. But if some people don’t try them on and look and stare all day, they may never fully appreciate VCA.

I think the Perlee Clover is the most beautiful bangle I have ever seen. No other comes close to it, in my opinion. I definitely do not buy jewelry based on trends or popularity. I buy based on beauty of design and workmanship. I agree with others who said they hope it never becomes common or trendy. Where I live, I hardly ever see any VCA, but that is partly because there is no boutique in my state. I can wear my VCA happily with no one really knowing what it costs unless it’s another VCA owner.

I'll share my thoughts...
My opinion is the Love is a logo bangle, and many people buy it because it is so recognizable. At its core, it's a simple, plain unisex bangle.

I see the Love a lot on social media too. The Love seems to be THE bangle every teenager/young adult wants as their first luxury jewelry piece (me included, when I was that age). This theme has not changed, and young ladies still want a Love (e.g. Kylie Jenner who posted her 6 Love bangles when she was 17 years old). I see the Love as a rite of passage.

To me, I see the Love for jewelry similar to LV for bags. For some, these two pieces are their first luxury brand pieces, and they want everyone to know it (guilty again... me, flashing LV bags when I was a young lady).

And even for those who are not young ladies, I think the answer is the same; it's popular because it's a logo bangle and very recognizable. That's my thoughts on the Love and why you see it so often, on all ages (the plain version, not pave).

Last edited:
Does Cartier have a greater retail presence? There was a Cartier boutique in my current city for many years before there was a VCA (it opened last month). My hometown still does not have a VCA boutique. This makes me wonder if Love bracelets are more pervasive because they are more likely to be shopped for in person and there is greater brand recognition.