why do you have to pay to return a fake??

COHgirl

I'm a real Girl now!
O.G.
Nov 15, 2009
I don't understand why someone would have to pay for shipping to return a counterfeit item that was sold to them on ebay? The seller sold me a fake. Why should I be out money because someone tried to scam me?? I just don't get it.

Should I push to not pay return shipping on the fake?? I just feel like they knew it was fake because now they are saying that they were just trying to get rid of a few things and now they will never use ebay again.

Why should a buyer be punished for believing the system works???

any advice??

Thanks in advance!
COHgirl

The last time I returned an item that was not as described, which was decided by eBay after I escalated an eBay claim, the customer service representative sent me a pre-paid shipping label that could be used with UPS or USPS. I suggest you contact eBay and ask for this specifically. :yes:

The last time I returned an item that was not as described, which was decided by eBay after I escalated an eBay claim, the customer service representative sent me a pre-paid shipping label that could be used with UPS or USPS. I suggest you contact eBay and ask for this specifically. :yes:

Should I contact them through the website or call???

I'm glad it worked out for you!!

UPDATE:

I finally heard back on the written Escalated Claim. The email said for me to return the bag. Since I am on vacation there was no way I could do that in the time frame listed. Thanks to blackonmaroon I was able to find the phone number to call ebay. Once I got to talk to an actual person they sounded surprised that I was to return the fake purse. She told me the refund would be made and for me to destroy the fake purse!

I have gotten my refund and the case is closed! That bag will be destroyed when I get back home.

Now I need to figure out what to write on the sellers feedback....

I am glad it worked out for you! I was going to say, from my experience with receiving a fake item, Paypal made me show proof that it was fake, and once I did, they refunded me and told me to destroy the item. Actually, I had to argue for that though.. I kept insisting that I shouldn't have to send it back since that is putting a fake back into the seller's hands. It took a few tries but finally a good rep. agreed with me!

I am glad it worked out for you! I was going to say, from my experience with receiving a fake item, Paypal made me show proof that it was fake, and once I did, they refunded me and told me to destroy the item. Actually, I had to argue for that though.. I kept insisting that I shouldn't have to send it back since that is putting a fake back into the seller's hands. It took a few tries but finally a good rep. agreed with me!

OP, congrats on the refund!

I won 2 claims last year and noticed that Paypal does not always work the same way.

For the first bag, I was asked to get a written letter of non-authentication, sign an affidavit and destroy the bag. Had so much fun carving up the obscene fake :yahoo:

The second bag was a little different. I was simply asked to return the bag with full tracking, insurance, the works. I argued and argued because the return shipping was so expensive, but it fell on deaf ears.

I just received my third fake bag. Have escalated it to a claim and am waiting for PP's decision.