why do you have to pay to return a fake??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't understand why someone would have to pay for shipping to return a counterfeit item that was sold to them on ebay? The seller sold me a fake. Why should I be out money because someone tried to scam me?? I just don't get it.

Should I push to not pay return shipping on the fake?? I just feel like they knew it was fake because now they are saying that they were just trying to get rid of a few things and now they will never use ebay again.

Why should a buyer be punished for believing the system works???

any advice??

Thanks in advance!
    COHgirl

2. The last time I returned an item that was not as described, which was decided by eBay after I escalated an eBay claim, the customer service representative sent me a pre-paid shipping label that could be used with UPS or USPS. I suggest you contact eBay and ask for this specifically. :yes:

3. Should I contact them through the website or call???

I'm glad it worked out for you!!

4. I just saw a link for Escalate Claim!
    I'm going to try that now!

Thanks again!

5. I would call. They seem to be more motivated to actually listen to you if you call, or at least that's what I've noticed. :P

6. Definitely escalate as soon as you can. You need to get this resolved! Good luck!

7. I think that might be better too! I'm having trouble getting the right words to fit in the response box! LOL!

8. UPDATE:

I finally heard back on the written Escalated Claim. The email said for me to return the bag. Since I am on vacation there was no way I could do that in the time frame listed. Thanks to blackonmaroon I was able to find the phone number to call ebay. Once I got to talk to an actual person they sounded surprised that I was to return the fake purse. She told me the refund would be made and for me to destroy the fake purse!

I have gotten my refund and the case is closed! That bag will be destroyed when I get back home.

Now I need to figure out what to write on the sellers feedback....

9. Just be honest about the fake bag! You're doing a service for other prospective buyers. :tup:

10. I am glad it worked out for you! I was going to say, from my experience with receiving a fake item, Paypal made me show proof that it was fake, and once I did, they refunded me and told me to destroy the item. Actually, I had to argue for that though.. I kept insisting that I shouldn't have to send it back since that is putting a fake back into the seller's hands. It took a few tries but finally a good rep. agreed with me!

11. I agree be honest! Congrats on the refund! :biggrin:

12. I know that I have learned from this experience!

Yep, I've learned! :smile:

13. Glad that you got your refund and to know that the bag will be destroyed

but just as important is was a learning experience for you...

14. OP, congrats on the refund!

I won 2 claims last year and noticed that Paypal does not always work the same way.

For the first bag, I was asked to get a written letter of non-authentication, sign an affidavit and destroy the bag. Had so much fun carving up the obscene fake :yahoo:

The second bag was a little different. I was simply asked to return the bag with full tracking, insurance, the works. I argued and argued because the return shipping was so expensive, but it fell on deaf ears.

I just received my third fake bag. Have escalated it to a claim and am waiting for PP's decision.