Why do you continue to buy Louis Vuitton?

Neuvio

Sep 8, 2020
After reading the messy thread that was concerning Neverfulls and the embarrassment behind them, it got me wondering why do people still buy Louis Vuitton.

In many threads, I've seen people say that monogram canvas is oversaturated and there are more fakes than authentic in circulation.

If that's the case, then why continue to buy Louis Vuitton if the fake market is lowering the value or "luxury" of the brand?

Personally, I have always liked the brand in spite of the massive amount of fakes. It doesn't bother me if people own fakes and it's not my job to police other people's bags as I don't get a check from any of these fashion houses lmao. If people want to assume my bags are fake because LV is oversaturated, then that's just a display of their terrible character.

I buy LV because I absolutely love it!!! I have other brands, but LV is definitely my fave. Most of my bags are DE because that has always been my fave LV pattern. It’s feminine but not overly fem, which matches my style completely. I do own several Mono SLGs & now a Mono Desk Agenda & they’re beautiful, in spite of seeing Mono print everywhere. Do I care if people think my items are fake...NO!!! I don’t buy things for other people’s approval. I buy what I love & I happen to love LV. At my age, I’m pretty sure that won’t change.

I buy it simply because I love the brand. Nothing lasts forever, but I have found the quality of LV to be exceptional. I have many pieces that are over ten years old, and one piece that is over twenty years old. None of them show any signs of giving up the ghost!

it doesn’t concern me at all that people might think my items are fake. If you do think my items are fake, it only means that you know nothing about LV, and that you make assumptions about someone you don’t know either. That’s got nothing to do with me.

Classic styles, extreme durability, quality, holds value, elevates my style so I look more “finished.” I am 50 years old and my pieces are vintage and restored by me, all cost me between $150-$550 each (majority under $225), so people on the street just assume I have had them a long time. I have worked very hard for a very long time, taking care of other people for a living and raising a child single handedly. No guilt.

I don’t worry or care about whether or not they think it’s fake— or what they think of me, period. I stopped caring about that a long time ago. People who don’t want to like you are going to find something to not like no matter what...bag or no bag. It pleases me to have them and I am recycling things that people spent a lot of time and effort to create. No harm there. I have paid for my collection by restoring (which is an enjoyable hobby for me) and selling them, allowing other women who could not afford a new LV to have a nice one that has been given love and care.

Last edited:
I like the lightness of the canvas. And that there are also bags that are not so super chic but also go with a casual look. I'm not classic, that's why I don't cling to the classic bags. I love the Hyde Park because it has a nice combination of de and color. And the last two summer editions. The Siena and Neverfull de are actually not my style. I wear them with unusual shoes when my other bags don't fit (I love comic shoes). I also like the last two christmas animations.
For me, Louis Vuitton also has bags that are a good combination of high quality, stylish, modern and a little more casual than other brands.

I buy it simply because I love the brand. Nothing lasts forever, but I have found the quality of LV to be exceptional. I have many pieces that are over ten years old, and one piece that is over twenty years old. None of them show any signs of giving up the ghost!

Couldn't agree more, two pieces that I have (backpack and compact wallet) are preloved and probably over 10 years old, but still look extremely beautiful. Also, I dress more simple/classic so I don't mind incorporating older styles. LV is probably one of the few brands whose bags stand the test of time in terms of durability and quality.

I love it but I can’t seem to understand why . It just attracts me the most.

Agree. I always try out different designers and yet I still keep going back to LV.

I asked myself the same. First, I love brown, it's my favorite colour for everything and let's say that it's pretty easy to find it in a Vuitton boutique. Second, I like canvas bags, because they are lightweight and casual. My most practical, but less used bag is a cotton Polo sport one that I really would like to replicate in canvas. It's similar to the Maida in kaki, that I'm going to see today. Third, I tried hard to buy other designer bags, but I simply don't love the aestetich. I have been close to buy a Ysl bag, but at the end not worth for me, I always come back to Vuitton. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future.

Reactions: Loriad
I always come back to LV because I just love their canvas bags - especially DE. LV bags can easily be dressed up or down. Their bags seem much more timeless. Gucci, YSL, etc. give me more trendy vibes.
Since I dress casually most of the time they fit me perfectly. I always wanted a Chanel bag, but their style always leans on the more elegant side.