Why do you chose Toile instead of full leather?

crazyforhermess

QUOTE me as "CFH"
Jan 27, 2011
Recently, I started diverting my attention to Hermes Toile Bags. Whether it is full Toile ie GP or combination like birkin, I like the light weight of it, but I m also concern the durability of it as compared to full leather. What your say?:biggrin:

I love toile coz they're summery chic & lightweight. The downside is they stain quite easily, but H toile is surprisingly quite water resistant.
Best to choose dark colour toiles

Hi CM

DO you think Toile could lasts? How do you fare as compared to leather and can you wash the stain maybe with some product suitable for Toile? TIA!

I love toile coz they're summery chic & lightweight. The downside is they stain quite easily, but H toile is surprisingly quite water resistant.
Best to choose dark colour toiles

I have few leather/toile H bags. Same as the reasons you already mentioned, I like them because of light-weight and the contrasting look they give to a bag.
For me the downside is once it stained, it's more difficult to clean than leather.
I still would buy toile/leather combo bags in a heartbeat though. :smile:

I still have my toile Kelly bag from a number of years ago... its holding

up quite well and have no major concerns about it.. but it also has no stains

as I am very careful where & when I use it...

I love toile and have a number of them. I find them easy to maintain and love the light weight aspect of them. In the heat of summer, it is my preference to carry a toile as an all leather seems to heavy to me. Hermes treats the toile so it is very dirt resistant and so far all I have used is a damp cloth with soap and water to clean off smudges.

personally i do not favor toile bags they don't evolve as well as full leathers oddly though i seem to see vintage kelly toile bags in good shape but i think its basically because people fear them a bit more from the beginning. again im not a fan doll hope it helps.

birkel, you are quite right, people do fear toile bags, but that is the thing, there is nothing to fear. They are very sturdy and easy to care for. I think people just have to try it, or they won't believe it. I have had my toile bags for years. I am carrying my barenia and toile Kelly right now and that bag has really been given a work out. This is my 3rd summer carrying her.

I have a black box and toile kelly and I chose it because I think a fully leather black Kelly retourne looks a bit like the "doctor's bag", and since I don't wear a lot of black it is much more wearable this way.
My bag turned 20 years old this year and the toile is holding great. I got it second hand so I don't know how much it was used from the previous owner, but I can tell you it's out with me on most weekends (and I don't baby it).

Love toile!!

Because certain combis works better with Toile instead of full leather. Not much of a reason, more on the physical beauty and personal preference. Toile is easy to maintain.

Aside from making the bag lightweight, toile lends a sort of 'organic' and carefree element to the overall aesthetic. I think the texture and weave of the toile gives the appearance a multi-facet detail for our eyes to feast on.

Aside from making the bag lightweight, toile lends a sort of 'organic' and carefree element to the overall aesthetic. I think the texture and weave of the toile gives the appearance a multi-facet detail for our eyes to feast on.
Exactly~could nto have said it better.
That and easy to wear, comfortable and timeless. Look at Jackie K/O with her Toile Trim to today with Reese W with her Toile GP.
The contrast, the durablity and the charm.

jaegerhomme said it beautifully! I adore my toile/leather bag. It is almost 8 yr old and still looks brand new. Maybe it is toile+black leather combo? The toile is tough and the corner is line with black leather...which give it structure yet, perfect for summer.

For my other toile bags with no leather trimmings, it does get dirty around the corners and i usually use them for travelling. Not for work/dinner.

If u are thinking of a toile/leather bag and concern with durability, i would suggest toile/leather trimming combination (such as a kelly sellier).