Why do women here call their bags for "her"?

Hehe... Especially weird because most of these bags are masculine in French... with a few exceptions!

Le Speedy
L'Alma (masc)
Le Keepall
Le Twist
Le Noé
Le Neverfull
Le Montaigne
Le Voltaire

This is because we implicitly refer to "le sac Speedy", sac being a masculine noun.

On the other hand, everything that's a pochette or a suitcase would be referred to with a feminine article:

La pochette Métis
La pochette Clés
La valise Pégase

The particulars of Latin languages 😃😃😃

LOL!! I don't know? I do it I guess because these are special? As itsmree said, we tend to baby our bags. And it sounds better than referring to the bag as "it" or having to type the name of the bag every time? I would never call my contemporary bags "her", they're not nearly as special to me. I don't know Dorf, but I got a smile and chuckle out of your thread:lol:

That is a great observation and question. I think many TPFrs see bags as more than just something that carries their stuff. Bags are very special and we ADORE them. To say "it" just doesn't convey the love I have for my bags.

My bags and cars are feminine and the really special ones have names. My Birkin is named Brigitte and my cars are Scandalous, Lovesexy, and Adore (named after Prince songs). :biggrin: