Why do we neglect the Paris Bombay?

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Today, I think we should give a little time to the Paris Bombay. Let's talk anything/everything about it.

1)Are you seeing any in the boutiques?

2)What colors/leathers/sizes are out there?

3)Recent prices?

4)Do you own one? If yes, give us detailed specs on it and pics, if possible. Please share the positives/negatives on the bag.

5)If you don't own one, do you like it? Would you buy one? What combo would you like yours to be in?

6)Can special orders be made?

For those who do not know...this is the Paris Bombay

attachment.php

Photo courtesy of member Fesdu (found in our reference thread)

Great thread kellybag!

I think it's cute and new and different, but too small for me for day use, and to my eye not elegant enough for the look I want for evening. This to me seems like a "fun" bag but if I am going to spend a few thousand (aren't they around $3500? I am not positive and don't have one) so I would rather fork over another 3,000 or 4,000 and have a kelly.

For me it just doesn't work, but for others it might be great!

KellyBag, I love the PB! The style, like many of Hermes designs, is timeless. And, when introduced last year, I was anxious to see it. I feel, that especially in box calf, this bag can be an elegant evening purse in the smallest size.

The interior is beautiful and soft....and a natural color which, I believe, is used in all the PBs. The downside on soft is, of course, that it scratches but it is such a wonderful touch to the hand when you access the interior of the bag.

It has a double zipper, and maybe I'm just not quite as fast or coordinated as I was when younger:rolleyes: but, it does take me a small amt of time to zip open and zip close this bag. That's fine, tho....Hermes is not meant to be rushed! But, I can see where this could be a negative to some ladies....when perhaps we are used to just reaching into our Birkins for quick access....

It's my great pleasure, tho, to hold and use the box calf skin on this bag. I love box....and so, I do not mind playing with the zippers a bit at times.

That said, I do often (when I'm at my office and am in and out of the bag), leave it unzipped across for quick access....the sides of this bag will open up or fold in....a neat feature, so you can increase the interior size of this cute style!

Saw what I assumed to be the largest size PB on an Hermes shelf this past week and admittedly, it was huge! Much too large, in my opinion, for a regular handbag....but perhaps Hermes was thinking weekend travel bag?

I'm thinking the prices start at $3900......

My PB is the smallest size and is in black box calf. I have some pictures and will post them later today after work.

I've always liked it, Kellybag. I wish I had specific reasons, but I guess it's just because it always strikes me as a successful design.

All the time, KB. And in all the sizes.

For the Paris Bombay, only 3 leathers are used; Box Calf, Epsom and Vache Liegee. And it's only because the shape of the Paris Bombay requires stiff leathers to hold up.

3)Recent prices?
I don't know.

4)Do you own one? If yes, give us detailed specs on it and pics, if possible. Please share the positives/negatives on the bag.
No.

5)If you don't own one, do you like it? Would you buy one? What combo would you like yours to be in?
I'm waiting for one. Black box calf with GHW. To me, it's a great under the radar H bag.

6)Can special orders be made?[/quote]
Have not seen any exotics in this design.

Thank you Isus for the indepth discussion above. I remember how this bag received so much attention when it first came out, but we rarely talk about it now. Please post some pics when you can.

MrsS you are always extremely helpful. Have you seen the medium size yet? Any feelings on it?

It's hard for me to be objective because I like the Kelly so much that if I had enough money for the Paris Bombay then I would rather buy another Kelly. Also, I don't want to complicate my handbag system (it's easy to switch form one Kelly to another as all the stuff goes in the same place, but more work to switch between different bag designs).
I think the P-B is cute though. Other than the Kelly, this would be next on my list. I've liked every single one of them that was on display. My favorite is a very small one in white epsom. I've been seeing many P-Bs in the store.

Interesting thread! I love this bag but don't see it much "on the street."

1)Are you seeing any in the boutiques? Tons, in all sizes and fabulous colors

2)What colors/leathers/sizes are out there? I would add veau doblis to MrsS's list of leathers. I also think you can order them in ostrich.

3)Recent prices? I believe around $3800 US

4)Do you own one? If yes, give us detailed specs on it and pics, if possible. Please share the positives/negatives on the bag. This bag is about 11.5" long, 6" high and 4" deep. The handles have a nice long drop - so you can wear it over your arm. In fact, in honor of this thread, I have decided to keep my PB and wear it today. It is really such a great bag!

5)If you don't own one, do you like it? Would you buy one? What combo would you like yours to be in? While mine is rouge garance, I would love one in vert cru!

6)Can special orders be made? I think you can order them in ostrich.

ParisBombay006.jpg

Ninja I could really see your bag this summer against a white sundress and some red lipstick or gloss! So very pretty. I am glad you kept your bag!!!

Does anyone have pics of the Paris Bombay in ostrich?

Yes, especially the PM size.

I've seen PBs in box, vache, liegee, epsom, suede and ostrich ... in colors orange, BJ, gold, black, fuchsia ostrich, green suede, blue suede, even two tones where the handle is a different color than the rest of the bag.

3)Recent prices?
I saw an ostrich one in Paris for a bit less than 5000 Euros.

I owned one ... PM size in black epsom. I really do love the bag and the design. The PM size also holds a lot more than what people think. I let it go since I also have a black epsom Birkin and didn't want the same color/leather for the two bags. I don't like the really big size that much. I love PBs in the PM size and I also prefer to have the flaps out.

I'd love to have a Paris-Bombay again in the late future in another leather and color.

6)Can special orders be made?[/quote]
Since it's a rigid bag, I'm wondering if you could SO it in chevre.

You are killing me with this thread KB! You know I adore the PB!

I see them every once in a while in my NM. Not sure of current price though.

I absolutely love the style and simplicity of this bag! And after seeing pics of it in brighter colors (from Paris) I cannot wait to own one hopefully one day!