Why do the outlet SA's lie??

addictofcoach

My new shimmery girl
Jan 25, 2009
Why???? If you have something, why would you say you don't? And Coach, why are some outlets allowed to put the Sabrina's out and some are not??? GRRRR!! My local outlet sa said they couldn't put the sabrina's out yet...then I said, OH, so you do have them, you just can't sell them..then he says...No, we don't have Sabrinas!!! Why? Why? Why? I will come and spend money there...isn't that what they want??

I just called my outlet, the SA said they don't have sabrinas and are not sure if they are getting them... good thing I know a couple SA's there that hopefully can track one down for me! But it does suck that outlets give you misleading information sometimes... kind of frustrating

It's easier to say they don't have them, than to say they do and when the customer gets there and they are gone or sold or whatever and has a hissy fit because they were told it was in stock. (not saying any of the girls here would do this, just regular customers)

I don't know. I know one location has been emphasizing how if you see it in boutiques you won't see it at the outlet. They never used to try and hit that home so much before. Seattle Premium told me they are not getting any leather Zoes because they are still in the boutiques, yet I have one on hold for me(chocolate leather w00t!) at Burlington Prime.

Why???? If you have something, why would you say you don't? And Coach, why are some outlets allowed to put the Sabrina's out and some are not??? GRRRR!! My local outlet sa said they couldn't put the sabrina's out yet...then I said, OH, so you do have them, you just can't sell them..then he says...No, we don't have Sabrinas!!! Why? Why? Why? I will come and spend money there...isn't that what they want??
I would be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when accusing someone of lying.

I highly doubt anyone would intentionally mislead a potential customer with information unless they had a harmful intent from the beginning.

Just because one person tells you something, and another tells you something, does not indicate someone is lying, it indicates that there may be a mis-communication of information between everyone, and you are only hearing the "telephone game" from one person correctly.

Some outlets are told one thing, others are told something different. I do not hold the SA's or managers accountable for that, it's an issue best held by corporate to make sure that everyone is on the same page.

EDIT: ^^^ Bunny said all this in a much friendlier and more concise way, so I echo her sentiment. ;)

I don't know that everything that gets labeled as lying SAs on here is really conscious intentional deception.

With Sabrina, the story seems to be that some outlets have them, some outlets don't, but that they can't sell them. The exception seems to be returns, which show up sporadically. So it's not lying to say they can't sell them, it is probably exactly what they have been told. I also don't find this policy particularly inconsistent: it makes sense to me that returns are not categorized the exact same way as deleted items or overstock en mass.

We also call with the knowledge that there MAY be Sabrinas in the back, but SAs may not assume that is the question. I think many SAs answer in good faith that no, they do not have Sabrinas for sale. I wouldn't assume a customer was interested in the backstory behind why there are bags in the store, but not available; I would assume the question was about Sabrinas someone wants to purchase. And frankly, if someone called and asked what was in the stock room but deliberately not out for sale, a SA might reply in kind, but I don't consider that to be information customers are entitled to.

I also wouldn't assume a quick answer is a lie. Maybe many people are interested in this bag, which seems obvious, and it is not the first time they have been asked the question.

It is also possible that any given SA is misinformed, not practicing deception.

I'm not saying that no SA has ever given incorrect information, but it seems to be understood on this board that Coach has changing and somewhat unpredictable policies, particularly in regards to outlet stock. Since we are not entitled to that private corporate information, I don't think the only possible explaination for the confusion is deception. I'd only label someone a liar if I knew the whole story, and I'd have a hard time believing I knew the whole story if I wasn't employed by Coach corporate.

Girls...my outlet goes strictly by the book...when they released the Sabrinas and Madisons they were holding, that came from a corporate email they received. I wonder if the outlets you called are saving them for "someone" etc.??? Also, I just found out they are 50% off factory and was told to bring my receipt back in for credit! :yahoo:Also, when jeh3v and I were there yesterday, they had some new Carlys and some other bags that are still at FP that they had been told to put out a couple days ago on the 50% off racks. While we were there, they received an email telling them to pull them and not put them back out until "such and such date." So they had to pull all those bags and put them in the back room. Believe me, they weren't happy about it. And, they were very glad to get the email that the Madisons could be released from the back room...outlets don't like having to keep all that merch in the back room. I'd keep calling your outlet...or GO!

I would be EXTREMELY CAREFUL when accusing someone of lying.

I highly doubt anyone would intentionally mislead a potential customer with information unless they had a harmful intent from the beginning.

Just because one person tells you something, and another tells you something, does not indicate someone is lying, it indicates that there may be a mis-communication of information between everyone, and you are only hearing the "telephone game" from one person correctly.

Some outlets are told one thing, others are told something different. I do not hold the SA's or managers accountable for that, it's an issue best held by corporate to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
:yes:

I agree I called woodbury and I could just tell that they were lying there just to quick to answer no with out even checking. THey are the WORST!!

They weren't lying. They aren't allowed to sell the Sabrina yet. I was there this morning, and the manager I spoke to had a paper that said they were excluded. I believe it has to do with their proximity to so many FP stores. Makes sense, I can probably get to at least 15-20 boutiques in an hour or so. The Madison line is still probably selling well in the NYC metro area.

I'm just confused about why we were able to purchase them at our outlet. I mean, our outlet has been telling us the same thing, about how they had them in the back but couldn't sell them yet, etc. And then we get a call yesterday and we were allowed to come pick them up and purchase them. It's not like they would have just changed their mind, they said they were waiting on the go-ahead from corporate. They aren't rule breakers, and told us verbatim that they couldn't sell until they got the email allowing them to. And it wasn't a secret once she pulled them out, there were a few other Madison's and once she pulled them out for us, she left them out on the floor for anyone to purchase. It didn't seem like an "exclusive" thing at all. I don't know why our SA's were allowed to sell them now but everyone else's outlet is still giving them the run around? :shrugs: I have seen a few other ladies at other outlets be able to get them as well, so it's not just our outlet.

They weren't lying. They aren't allowed to sell the Sabrina yet. I was there this morning, and the manager I spoke to had a paper that said they were excluded. I believe it has to do with their proximity to so many FP stores. Makes sense, I can probably get to at least 15-20 boutiques in an hour or so. The Madison line is still probably selling well in the NYC metro area.

That DOES make a lot of sense... Sounds like many of the outlets that got Sabrinas in (and are allowed to sell them) are much further away from major metropolitan areas like NYC, Miami, DC etc....