why do (Tano) handbags make you happy?

kiravanessa

Feb 15, 2009
I'm new to this forum - and really loving it! You ladies are so helpful and nice - it's fun to dip in and out of threads and see what you're excited about.

But I'm a serious newbie, and I have to know: what is it about Tano bags that makes you happy? Do you feel the same way about other bags? About shoes? About other fashion stuff?

I'm just curious about what gets you hooked: is it the pure aesthetic beauty of the bag? The smell and feel of the leather? Always having the perfect accessory to whatever you're wearing? Having that one tried-and-true bag that defines your style? The way they look hanging on a chair? Hanging on your shoulder? Hanging in your closet? The process of building a collection?

Here's my story: I just ordered my first real adult handbag EVER. I've always carried a backpack, and no - I'm not a 20-year-old college student - I'm 39 and I live in NYC. It's about time! In some funny way, I feel like I've made some kind of feminine rite of passage. I can't wait for my Tribal Master to arrive. And I feel like it's just the beginning....

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

I love the colors, the styles, the price, the leather is divine and smells so nice. And not everyone has one. Where I live (in NJ suburbs of NYC) there is tons of Coach and LV. I like being different!

The colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The edgy styles that are funky enough to be different but still work from season to season!

I also love the colors and the glazed look and feel of the leather. Something about the look of Tanos just appeals to me. I am definitely a bag and shoe fanatic - they always fit no matter how much your weight goes up or down. I have over 100 bags and probably just as many shoes and I just took 24 bags and a bunch of shoes to the consignment shop and it didn't even make a dent. But I have to admit since finding Tanos that's about the only brand I buy anymore. Now if I could find a Rebecca Minkoff for a Tano price I would probably have an additional obsession!

I agree it's a combination of different things. The colors, look, feel, comfortability...

And a major bonus for me is that I like to stay under the radar. I like to carry things that are not easily recognizable and that I don't see on 100 other ladies every day. Tano fits the bill.....plus they are very affordable.

The smell is a bonus. I've never had a bag who's leather smelled so good!

Thanks, ladies!

MusicGirl - 100 bags?! OMG. Amazing. What will my poor Tano do hanging on my coat rack all alone with my Jansport backpack?! Ha. And I don't know who/what Rebecca Minkoff is - I'm afraid to go searching since my afternoon foray into Tano has ignited a new obsession!

Yeah definitely the colors and the price. The styles are amazing and they are so lightweight but I prefer RM leathers. I love Tano leather though too. It smells divine and looks great. I worry a lot less with them, they are oh so durable.

Ah yes, the colors. My first bag will be black (it's the only color offered in the style I liked at MHB, and it looks like I got the last one!). I do feel like I'm missing out on the whole point of the Tano experience, though....all those gorgeous colors! But a girl's got to start somewhere, right?

That's okay, I love color but I think we all need at least one black bag too ( I probably have more black than anything actually). Although I can't think of any color that I don't have in some brand. I'm sure there is but....

The colors make me smile...

Tano is affordable. They can be used and enjoyed every day.

In the past I bought my share of items I consider too pricey or too delicate for everyday use. Its nice to have a bag I own and not a bag that owns me

"A bag that I own and not a bag that owns me." Good point. Since I'm used to throwing my backpack on the floor, maybe even a durable Tano will require some getting used to, though?

Do I need to do anything special to take care of it? The whole idea is new to me since when my Jansport gets dirty, I throw it in the washing machine!