Why do people take so long to pay

Lulugrl

O.G.
Aug 22, 2012
Lately, I have had buyers who really get me nervous with their delayed payments. This last one was a LV bag, which sold as a BIN. She won the bid at 1pm yesterday and still no pymt. I know it hasn't been that long, but if you are going to hit BIN, then shouldn't you BIN??? I sent her an invoice last night. I thought I had done an IP but apparently not. WDYD?

Logically if someone does a BIN you would think they would pay promptly.

I think you can set up your auction where you require immediate payment.

Doesn't always happen.

Buyers have 4 days to pay.. many of them will take there sweet time in doing so.

And if you file a NPB they have another few days, I think...

Logically if someone does a BIN you would think they would pay promptly.

I think you can set up your auction where you require immediate payment.

Doesn't always happen.

Buyers have 4 days to pay.. many of them will take there sweet time in doing so.

And if you file a NPB they have another few days, I think...

Yes, they do, they have 4 days after you file a NPB

This makes me nervous as well! And I'm only waiting for about $100. I can only imagine how intense it can be waiting for payment on BIN LV! I would definitely pay right away...so the seller can't have seller's remorse haha! Best of luck. I did open/close a no payment case a week or so ago. (Very anti-climactic because I still didn't receive payment and was just credited final value.)

I sometimes wonder if those buyers need to mull it over after they hit that BIN button, as if they are waiting for that buyer's remorse. I'll never understand it, frankly. Let's hope something came up that kept her from paying immediately and she'll complete the transaction soon.

Maybe they bid when they don't have money right now in their account. They figure they will get paid tomorrow. Then put money in their pay pal account. Pay 2 days later. So what is wrong with the picture?

If you want to be paid within 24 hours, then you'll lose a lot of bids. Good luck. It is your money.

Maybe they bid when they don't have money right now in their account. They figure they will get paid tomorrow. Then put money in their pay pal account. Pay 2 days later. So what is wrong with the picture?

If you want to be paid within 24 hours, then you'll lose a lot of bids. Good luck. It is your money.

That is so however, once you have received an invoice from the
seller, buyer can just e-mail & say that they will PAY for the item
in 2 days..

Nothing wrong with communicating that...

We all know its a buyer's world on ebay but a little communication
goes a long way...

hotshot said:
That is so however, once you have received an invoice from the
seller, buyer can just e-mail & say that they will PAY for the item
in 2 days..

Nothing wrong with communicating that...

We all know its a buyer's world on ebay but a little communication
goes a long way...

Exactly, I would really LIKE to know, so maybe I could plan accordingly. Just sayin'

While I generally pay within 24 hours or so, if a buyer has 4 days, they are entitled to that, per the ebay rules (and that might be how they are working their budget too). Using the Immediate Payment option seems to be what you need to use in your listings.

There have been MANY times where I have paid right away and the item wasn't shipped for days, even a week, so I guess it works both ways.

I think it's rude to hit the BIN on a seller's auction then walk away from the computer. If you don't have the money, don't buy. Or work out something with the seller first. Just my 2 cents.