Why do people sell their Gallieras?

monhelu

LV Newbie
Feb 28, 2010
My next bag is going to be a Galliera- in Mono most likely.

However, I see so many selling on ebay and was wondering why so many people sell their Gallieras. Do people get tired of them or do they not look as nice once the vanchetta colors or is it just because so many people have bought this bag?

I just want to invest in bags that I know I will most likely use a lot, and that will last for a long time, and that I will keep forever.

For those of you that have or have had the Galliera, is it a bag you use a lot and will keep forever. Or if you have sold it, why?

My only other LV bag is a Trevi and I know I will always keep this or give it to my daughter at some point.

Thanks

Well I had 3.. I have 2 mono and 1 damier. I thought I would love the damier and did for a while (it was my first damier bag!) then I realize damier is too boring for me, so I sold it! ( although I regret it now LOL but for different reasons)
I still have both the monos.. one is brand new that I havent used yet.. the other is quite worn in and I will sell when the patina gets too dark for me. It is one of my fav bags tho and I carry it ALL THE TIME!! So comfy!!!!

Also keep in mind the issue with the metal rings. They leave a mark on the vachetta that bothers people. They were supposed to have fixed this issue, but some new bags still get it.

It is still a REALLY popular abd and my fav bag. I think there are various reasons-people do fall out of love with them just like they do any bag, they had more than 1, the ring issue or there could be a million other reasons. I have seen some great deals on the bay for them lately.

I just recently sold mine to buy the Trevi. I sold it because I prefer damier ebene over the mono print. I didn't wear it anymore and so knew that it had to go. I'm the type to always use my bags, if I don't then they're going to be sold. The black ring marks didn't really bother me, I just clean if off with eraser sponge.

I like my mono Galliera. I don't love it, though. The two main problems for me are the black marks the rings leave on the vachetta and the strap not wanting to stay on my shoulder. I don't have linebacker shoulders, so it slips off almost immediately. I'll probably never sell it, but I won't carry it as much as my other LV bags.

I sold my SO Damier Galliera because it looked like a sack on me. It just wasn't doing it for me. It would also feel heavy on my shoulder.

Got a lot of compliments though!

Aww this thread is making me have second thoughts about my Galliera purchase in the near future :sad:

I wonder if the black marks will bother me. Or if the snap will keep popping open because I carry quite a bit with me. I'd also be really annoyed if the strap doesn't stay on my shoulder :sad:

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE my Damier Azur GM Galliera ~ it is one bag that I will probably never sell! I am a big-bag girl, though! I am looking forward to taking it out for the warmer weather!

I have the azur one and I love it. It's definitely a bag that's hard (for me) to keep clean though and I could see myself needing to replace it after a while. We'll see though.

i love my mono galliera gm - i wear it every day and get a ton of compliments on it - the marks around the rings get on my nerves a bit , but baby wipes do the trick! i find it to my very comfortable on my shoulder and a great size for me ( im 5'6 and about 125)

I have the Azur PM. I have not used her mutch yet but I love it and don't see myself ever selling it. No problems with the black marks either. I think I bought mine after they fixed that problem. No regrets for me!