Why do my shoes fart?

ahhh, i see this old thread has been dugged back up from last year. i'm the OP - my resolution was the lazy one - i returned them both. have had no problems since with farting shoes. i'm still not sure what the problem was, but i haven't experienced it with my other flats or pumps since.

Hi everyone- I just bought a pair of jcrew pumps and my feet are farting badly. for some reason it didn't happen when I tested them out at home. I really want to keep and wear them as they are super comfy and cute. I'm going to head to the drug store during lunch, what is best to buy? baking soda, insoles.... any other suggestions?

Ya know, it has to be from the foot catching air under it and "squeezing " the air back out. Right? Makes sense to me that powder or an insole both would help that problem.:roflmfao:;):yes:

this happened all week when i wore my cl simples and an ysl simple like pump. i think its a combo of leather, bare feet and high arches.

after a lot of googling, i saw the remedy of putting lotion on my feet. since it was right there, i finally gave it a try and how ridiculous it sounds, IT WORKED! you need to use a good amount of lotion though. i tried a dab and it still "farted" but i put a bit more on and no more farts!

Reactions: mija12
it happened to me with the perfect boots (coach benitas) and i ended up returning them. too much hassle to deal with and if you're spending that much $ on the shoes, i think i'd rather not have that happen.

The inserts helped a little. I discovered the compression noise was coming from the heel of my foot rubbing up and down against the back of the shoe so I applied some moisturizer to the shoe and it solved my issue.