Why do my lipsticks and glosses go orange?

StylishFarmer

Aug 17, 2011
Ladies and gents, help needed please..

I'm just baffled. Lately, I've noticed that almost all of my MLBB glosses and lipsticks take on an orange or gold tone. I'm at a loss.

I don't use a primer or lip balm but I do swipe a little of my Chantecaille powder foundation. I'm quite pale, European skin, deep pink lips.

It doesn't show up when I wear By Terry lipsticks as they are heavily pigmented but my Tom Ford (casablanca, pink dusk) Estée Lauder, even my Dior! ARRRGH!!

Anyone have any idea?

Maybe your powder foundation is doing this with those particular lippies..

I'd try a little bit of liquid foundation on your lips & give it a go..

By Terry doesn't change at all on me.. its fabulous

It is likely that placing something such as foundation, powder or concealer on your lips is changing the colour of your glosses, both on your lips or in the tubes. Either you can embrace your natural lip colour, or purchase a specific lip primer that is tinted, e.g. mac cosmetics makes a lip erase (this is a pro products but can be ordered online via the normal mac website)

Ladies and gents, help needed please..

I'm just baffled. Lately, I've noticed that almost all of my MLBB glosses and lipsticks take on an orange or gold tone. I'm at a loss.

I don't use a primer or lip balm but I do swipe a little of my Chantecaille powder foundation. I'm quite pale, European skin, deep pink lips.

It doesn't show up when I wear By Terry lipsticks as they are heavily pigmented but my Tom Ford (casablanca, pink dusk) Estée Lauder, even my Dior! ARRRGH!!

Anyone have any idea?
I have that. I think I have similar colouring and lips and I always have to test lipsticks, and let it sit for a bit to see if the colour changes. Sometimes it goes too plum and sometimes it goes too orange. I'm barely wearing any product and it still changes.

I use a balm and then a sheer lipstick or gloss and it seems okay with the products I have, but as I wrote, many lip products change. I would never use foundation first, though.

I have that. I think I have similar colouring and lips and I always have to test lipsticks, and let it sit for a bit to see if the colour changes. Sometimes it goes too plum and sometimes it goes too orange. I'm barely wearing any product and it still changes.

I use a balm and then a sheer lipstick or gloss and it seems okay with the products I have, but as I wrote, many lip products change. I would never use foundation first, though.

OMG, YES!!! Same. Glad to know someone else out there has the same problem..

Alas, how to fix it? Do you think a lip primer might help? I don't want to spend money on something that won't work 😕

Sometimes the pH level of your skin or the oxidation causes the shades of lipstick to change color. Try to use contrasting color to correct the shades. Here are some correcting tips for you.

1. Neutralize orange color with pink. It will cancel out the orange color because pink is the opposite of orange.
2. Line you lips with the contrasting color(pink). Make sure you keep it natural not to overwhelm the look.