Why do jumbos have a similiar cost to M/L on the preloved market?

Anzsuz

Nov 16, 2020
Australia
Hi all, I'm relatively new to chanel and have been looking around. I'm a little bit curious as to why the jumbo costs around the same as the M/L on the preloved market if they are in relatively the same condition and come with the same things (dust bag, card, box) ?

TIA

Reactions: LadyLinda5

ashin121

O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
Ditto to the post above. I love my jumbo. It's my favorite. I'm 5'3 and 00/0/xxs/xs. Don't find it heavy or too big. I like it more than my m/l. It's more functional. However, the trend right now are smaller bags. When I started buying chanel in 2011/2012, jumbo was the most popular size. All the posts and reveals were jumbos. I hardly saw people buy minis because bigger bags were more popular. Back then, minis were so cheap on the preloved market. Like $1000 (I believe it was like $2000 then ). Buy what you like or just get all the sizes as fashion will change. haha.

yuliachanel

Dec 12, 2020
I also don't think the jumbo is heavy or too big, but I have the single flap instead of the heavier double flap bag.

Reactions: janetaz

ASA2018

Dec 8, 2018
Ah, I have been eyeing some preloved Chanel and did also notice more stock of the larger sizes and exactly the same price for same condition as you said. I’m 5’3” and have only tried them on for size in a boutique once when I was getting a wallet. I felt the strap of the larger size was too heavy for me, although I generally like larger sizes. Decided medium is best...but still just browsing for now... :P