Why do I keep 2nd guesing myself??

lolakitten

O.G.
Mar 11, 2007
I just bought my 226. I love it! I've wanted it for so long & it's supposed to be my one great bag! I melt inside when I see it. I love to carry it & open & close it, lol. So why do I keep thinking about more? What's wrong w/ me??
I do have a decent job & can afford to buy nice things here & there, but since I only shop w/ cash (& don't have THAT lucrative a profession, LOL), I can't buy too many bags all at once, so buying all the others I'd like is out of the question at the moment, but why do I do this to myself??? LOL.

*sigh* wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy whatever I wanted whenever I felt like it? ...or would it?

:noggin:

^^^ I don't think so...I like the feeling of working hard towards getting something! If we always got what we wanted at the snap of our fingers, we wouldn't have anything to dream about!!!...I'm always dreaming about my next bag because I know that I can't just run off and buy as many bags as I want (well I could, but then I would have to set other things, like travel, aside). I think it's normal to always think about more...and more...and more...

Reactions: celine666666
LOL you are completely normal. You just want that heart fluttering experience that your Chanel gave you again... Welcome to the addiction!!! ITA that it is also more rewarding to work towards the next acquisition - the anticipation and build up is part of the fun!

You are not alone, lolakitten! I thought I would stop after I got the blue jumbo, then I bought the 227 reissue, now I wanted another camera bag (probably won't happen, I need some SERIOUS self control). And my biggest problem is that I don't really use my bags, I just love buying them. I do have problems!

I just bought my 226. I love it! I've wanted it for so long & it's supposed to be my one great bag! I melt inside when I see it. I love to carry it & open & close it, lol. So why do I keep thinking about more? What's wrong w/ me??
I do have a decent job & can afford to buy nice things here & there, but since I only shop w/ cash (& don't have THAT lucrative a profession, LOL), I can't buy too many bags all at once, so buying all the others I'd like is out of the question at the moment, but why do I do this to myself??? LOL.

*sigh* wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy whatever I wanted whenever I felt like it? ...or would it?

AHHH so it's not just me...it's a real obsessive addiction I think. You are completely normal..or then there are a lot of crazies on TPF because we all seem to have the same problem. Take solace in your beautiful new bag..I'm sure another one isn't too far away!

Oh I feel your pain 100% ;)!

Oooh, it's like hearing myself talk. I have exactly the same feeling! Even before I bought my new camera bag I was already thinking of the 226... And I just bought a jumbo 1,5 month ago. I feel so awful being like that but I just can't help myself. If there was a Chaneloholics Anonymous I so had to sign up for it... So, I completely understand where you're coming from! I guess there's nothing we can do about it other than enjoy the thrill and excitement! :P

LolaKitten, I understand your feeling. It is the guilty feeling of purchasing the first luxury-fashionable item. I had this feeling when I bought my first too. Later I was thinking that I deserve to indulge myself after all those overtime. My suggestion to you : please think this 226 as your reward of your hard working… ENJOY

Ummm...yeah. I feel the same way and I want more more more, but then I have feelings of guilt for spending so much on bags and knowing that there are so many people right now without jobs that are running out of unemployment. Even though I am fiscally responsible, i feel bad that others can't enjoy. THEN...

I feel so guilty, that I won't even show my boyfriend the stuff I buy and right now its been sitting in the closet and I am scared to take it out. Scared to show him, my friends, or my family b/c I know everyone will be like "wow, when did you get that". Everything I do they do that to me. I got an LV 3 months ago when I got promoted at my job AND completed some pretty hefty professional licenses...and I STILL got the "when did you get that? how much did you pay for that? is that real?" To the point, where i feel like I have to respond with a "oh, i've had it forever".

My aunt gave me the questions over a pair of Chanel sunnies...I mean can you imagine what they would do over the bag?!?!?!

Ummm...yeah. I feel the same way and I want more more more, but then I have feelings of guilt for spending so much on bags and knowing that there are so many people right now without jobs that are running out of unemployment. Even though I am fiscally responsible, i feel bad that others can't enjoy. THEN...

I feel so guilty, that I won't even show my boyfriend the stuff I buy and right now its been sitting in the closet and I am scared to take it out. Scared to show him, my friends, or my family b/c I know everyone will be like "wow, when did you get that". Everything I do they do that to me. I got an LV 3 months ago when I got promoted at my job AND completed some pretty hefty professional licenses...and I STILL got the "when did you get that? how much did you pay for that? is that real?" To the point, where i feel like I have to respond with a "oh, i've had it forever".

My aunt gave me the questions over a pair of Chanel sunnies...I mean can you imagine what they would do over the bag?!?!?!

I know how you feel :smile:, I am in the same situation as you are. My boss made a ridiculous joke about me in the office a while back when he found out that I carry a Gucci bag. Some of my friends have called me crazy to spend such an amount on bag ... luckily my BF always supports me and tells me not to listen to what others say and just enjoy it ;).

I have been looking and waiting for a classic bag ... but Chanel in my country (and some other countries close to where live) did not have it for quite a while that I somehow lost my patience and got another one. But it did not stop there, in a week of time I got my hand dirty again by buying another bag :graucho:. Finally my SA called me to say that my bag has arrived and of course if possible i would have teleported my self right to the store and bought it right away. Luckily my "rational" BF has helped me out of my insanity :P, he said that it is totally up to me but perhaps it is better to buy it next time so I still have something to dream about for next year :smile:. Besides that I cannot justify myself spending more in a month just for another bag and hey, I need some times to enjoy both rite:amuse:.

Don't feel guilty, just enjoy it!!

Yes, they do the same to me! The only person who knows about my Chanel is my husband... & he just knows it was expensive - not the exact price. I recently got a bonus from work, sold some stuff I had, other bags (I used to like Gucci), worked & saved... I do deserve it! Ok, sure almost 4k could have been used on a vacation (DHs suggestion, lol, but I am still planning to have $ saved for that when we had planned to go) or "saved", but he doesn't even begin to try to understand it...
My mom knows I like bags... she was there when I bought my Guccis, but I don't want to draw attention to this because it's so much more & she's recently retired (& trying to become accustomed to not shopping as much as she used to herself). However..(I am putting a nice YSL that she liked under the tree for her at Christmas this year, but it's a surprise) so until then, the official story is that I haven't been shopping, lol.
I don't thing DH's family would even care, but I don't volunteer information.

I think the real term was mentioned above...*addiction* LOL