Why do chloés weigh so much?

pasia

O.G.
Mar 18, 2008
I bought a beautiful large heloise today. I really love it, but god, it's heavy. It's made of lambskin and lambskin is usually quite light?

How do you all manage the weight? I also have a quilted bay that weighs a lot, but not as much as this one!

I sold my Bay satchel only because of the weight, very heavy for me...I have tried an Heli hobo (in a boutique), lighter than the Bay...
Anyway, what large Heli style have you bought...? The classic one?

Mine is heavy too but I have the version with both body and shoulder straps so its not so bad. Im attracted to Chloes hardware and details so I guess it goes with the territory. Its not even the heaviest bag I own.

it's my crappy camera that can't show colours right. Here it is with flash light :smile: A chocolate chloé would be awesome too, maybe my next purchase...:graucho:

I'm so excited over this bag but, I took it out today and already my shoulders started to ache a little and I was maybe out for 2 hours. Ofcourse I can handle it now, I love it and wanted this bag for so so so long, but what happens when I actually load it? I bought a big black bag cause I needed one, and I'm afraid it won't fulfill its purpose (or second purpose, the first is too look awesome ;)) if it's to heavy...

Attachments

• dscn5421_47886879.jpg
    dscn5421_47886879.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 53
I have the middle size, I beleive tote. Yeah, it's heavy. I save it for my winter or cooler season bag. For some reason I want to go light during the Summer and my plum heli doesn't suit. Although, I love how much lighter my Paraty is.

I also equate heavy with quality. I won't buy a light-weight leather bag. Just my opinion. :smile:

I can't take the weight over a long period of time, either (I have strong muscles but weak joints), so I only buy lightish bags.

I'm lucky, though, as the only heavily embellished (and therefore, heavy) bags I tend to really like the look of are clutches and on the whole, the larger the bag, the simpler I prefer it to look and in the case of really large bags, I prefer them with very little or, ideally, no HW; so even with the, inevitable, weight of lovely quality leather and HW, I tend to avoid, accidentally, buying a really heavy bag.

Having said that, I did order an Elvire Clutch a couple of years ago, from NAP, assuming it would be lightish, as it was only about a foot wide and it weighed a ton for its size.

I sent it back. :smile: