Why do chloés weigh so much?

baglici0us

Baghappy =)
O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
I have the middle size, I beleive tote. Yeah, it's heavy. I save it for my winter or cooler season bag. For some reason I want to go light during the Summer and my plum heli doesn't suit. Although, I love how much lighter my Paraty is.

I also equate heavy with quality. I won't buy a light-weight leather bag. Just my opinion. :smile:
I agree with insane-maryjane. I love the substantial feel of a chloe bag. And the fact that we complain about the weight but still carry the bag anyway because we love it just brings us chloe fans together.

Nov 7, 2007
I think quality leather and quality hardware - as well as a lot of the intricate construction of the chloe styles seem to result in a heavy bag...

It takes some getting used to.

qwerty234

Mica
O.G.
Apr 29, 2007
Australia
www.youtube.com
I think it comes down to the sheer thickness of the leather Chloe uses that makes the bags so heavy. And as it's a big bag there's a lot of leather.

Your heloise is gorgeous by the way :smile:

I have a 2008 saskia and the leather is a lot thinner and lighter, the bag feels lighter than my twiggy! The leather on my heloise hobo is a lot more substantial though and so it makes the bag heavier I guess?

Sep 6, 2007
Tokyo/NY
ITA!! It is the sturdiness and thickness of the leather.
I have the small heloise and I cannot carry it everyday.
Still, I think it is the most exquisitely constructed of all the bags I own :smile:

I think it comes down to the sheer thickness of the leather Chloe uses that makes the bags so heavy. And as it's a big bag there's a lot of leather.

Your heloise is gorgeous by the way :smile:

I have a 2008 saskia and the leather is a lot thinner and lighter, the bag feels lighter than my twiggy! The leather on my heloise hobo is a lot more substantial though and so it makes the bag heavier I guess?

morejunkny

O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
I have a gorgeous gray patent unquilted Bay, but I'm giving it to my best friend, because every time I carry it, it's a backbreaker. Shooting back and shoulder pains! It's so pretty I hate to let it go, but I can't do it anymore. Note: I do walk to and from work. I think it would be different if I commuted by car.

The weight is also what's stopping me from lusting after your beautiful Heloise.

Gatsby

O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
I remember the first time I saw a Heli in the store; the leather was so thick and lush, it made me think of pipe tobacco and whiskey and saddles and old libraries. It is a bit heavy but the leather is like no other. Your bag is beautiful, congratulations!