Why do "AND" searches never work for me?

fiatflux

O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
I have tried doing searches for threads/posts that have TWO words in them (I want to filter out the posts that don't have BOTH words); it never seems to work for me.

Two searches I just tried were:

aloha AND day
aloha AND work

they both bring up all the posts with 'aloha' in them, regardless of whether 'day' or 'work' is present.

Any insight? Am I doing something wrong?

I have the same problem. It really sucks when you're looking for something and have to wade through 100's of posts because the search results aren't accurate..

Another thing - there is no way to search on phrases ... e.g. "sample sale wholesalers" was one I just tried.

I am confused, because I could have SWORN that I have read messages in the past on this subforum that indicated you could do both the "AND" type search and the "quoted phrase" type search. Was I imagining that?

Guess I could do a search to see ... LoL... ;)

yeah it bothers me too like if you're looking for "sample sale" it will show you all threads that have the word sample and all threads that have the word sale. Maybe if you can search within a search. Like search for sample, then in that search, search again for sale. Just an example...

Vlad has been talking to the techs a ton about this trying to resolve the issue. They keep working on it!

Thanks for being patient everyone!

I feel like such a retard. I was researching for weeks on why some users had problems with the boolean search... just to figure out that MP eligible users had the boolean search turned off.

It's on now, and working. :hs: