Why didn't I think of that?!

1. Have you ever bought a H bag and after some time, spotted another leather/colour combination (either IRL or here in tPF) and just want to kick yourself for, either a) not coming up with that leather/colour combi yourself or b) not being patient enough to wait for that "perfect" leather/colour combi, and settled for the 'next best thing'?

Is this the premise why we all just buy more and more H bag???? :Push:

2. LOL...I would guess that explains some of the bags listed in the Marketplaza???

3. YES!!! My orange epsom plume. I got that, and the next week I was in Chicago looking at a gorgeous Rouge H in buffalo (sorry, don't know the official name of the leather)! My a$$ was hurting from all that self-kicking!!

4. Hmmm, kinda. When I bought my clemence bj birkin (which is now sold), I found one in a better condition made from togo for a slightly higher price being listed by a friend of mine at another board. I was kicking myself so hard I didnt wait a lil longer to buy my bj!

5. Yes for me....that is why I have sold a few in the last few months and purchased a "few" others lol!! Same with accessories -- bought a too large agenda, too small, and now going for a medium (call me Goldilocks!)...Even the color issue has amazed me at a few I loved 6 mos. ago, and now am kind of "over"....so I'm partially afraid that I won't love what I have for very long and lose a lot of money in the process! I have narrowed it down though I think...;)

6. Yup!.. i bought two birkins in togo.. but when i got my crocodile birkin, couldnt use them and decided to sell them (Already sold) and buy ONLY crocodile/ostrich birkin/kelly.

7. Yup--kept looking for that "electric blue", went for a Kelly through a reseller on eBay thinking it was close enough, only to realize that it wasn't what I had wanted so I barely used it and sold it to another lovely TPFer. Thankfully the right color came along a few years later from Hermes so patience paid off!

8. No - I'm quite anally retentive with my 'list', and will stick to it, as I have put much thought in to it (wardrobe, versatility, variety with other bags etc) - it helps that I have to wait in between bags to afford the next one (I have negotiated a one bag per year deal with DH!), so I have to put a lot of thought into it.....

Choc Birkin - Dark
    Toile Birkin - Light
    Black Kelly - Formal
    Anis Kelly - Casual
    Chamonix Birkin - In between, and will match much of my wardrobe...

did I mention I'm also an obssesive list-maker, and work in the fashion industry??? LOL!! Can't you tell?

10. I love it how the truth always comes out!!!!!

11. I bought a Birkin in togo once and sold it to buy another Birkin, also I bought a Cyclamen Kelly and sold that too, to buy a black box kelly.

12. This is what I'm afraid of, so I am sticking with a basic color like Gold or Black for my first Birkin :shame:

13. LOL :lol:

14. Pelinaka, I am not sure if your lifetime experience with Hermes will change, I am told ladies go through stages of growth/maturity with H bags. 1st Birkin/Kelly - gold/black. Followed by a more colourful choice, then when means permit, a few more colours before the exotics kick in, and after that, they simplify their colour options and return to the basics again. :graucho:

Can anyone identify with this?

15. Not me mrssparkles...I'm all over the map lol!! I love the colors of Hermes so much it's hard for me to go to the basics....yet...I am finding I'm not using my fuschia as much lately...and am awaiting a raisin which will be in place of a black...10 yrs. ago I bought 2 of the blue bags....sold those and bought yet another one....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice