Why did you return your metallic bags?

MIffy27

2 many Chanel bags!!
O.G.
Jun 24, 2007
I understand that a few tPFers have actually returned their metallic bags notwithstanding the effort they have put in to locate and purchase the bags.

I am just curious as to what makes you decide to return the metallic bags in the end.

I personally ADORE metallics and would never return mine.
I have dark silver, black, dark red and purple.
Next up-- navy, light silver and dark gold.
And maybe white metallic- tho I am not a white bag girl apparently since I've never used my ivory reissue.

I am in metallic reissue LOVE! lol

who returned them?

I think some people buy without the intention of keeping it in the first place (see the countless ebay auctions). and now that they (potential resellers) see people aren't willing to pay a high mark up for the bags there's no need to keep them...

Anyway, I'd never sell mine...

My metallic brown is holding up beautifully. I've only had it about a month, but I was so concerned about it being fragile. So far so good. No returns for me!

I dont know about Chanel metalics, I have a dark silver reissue wallet and a black metalic woc, I hope they hold up. I have had Marc Jacobs metalics and they rubbed off really quickly after a few months of use. I think the leather treatment is much better on the chanel bags, It looks like the dying is much better quality.

I haven't returned mine. But I will say I had to order my bags sight unseen, the trunk shows ran a little late in my area and they did not even had samples of the colors I was looking forward to at the show. I do not blame people for returning if they went thru the same situation as me, too much money to be spent on something that is not wowing you away.

I had to place special orders for my bags. Basically I made my SA aware that since I had not seen the colors/bag IRL that I may return them since I was not sure what they'd look like. But so far, so good, I liked them and I did not return them.

For now I am done with the metallics. My bags are holding just fine, but I do not use them everyday. What I would like to see is more bags I can use on an everyday basis.

thanks for starting this thread. i have my eye on a gold reissue but it seems like it's something i'll love a lot, but won't use a lot. probably not a practical purse for me. still thinking....

I didn't return it, I just passed on it after I got the call and saw it in person. I just wasn't a fan. It looks a lot better in photos (imho) than IRL and I think it is something I would have tired of quickly. I very much prefer the look of basic leathers. They just didn't make me think "WOW!"

who returned them?

I think some people buy without the intention of keeping it in the first place (see the countless ebay auctions). and now that they (potential resellers) see people aren't willing to pay a high mark up for the bags there's no need to keep them...

^ well i'm not one of them !! ~ i have absolutely no interest whatsoever in selling any of the bags i buy at mark~up ~ ifact ~ i personally loathe this ~ i returned my red b/c i just couldn't sit with the ghw & i struggled with complimentary footware ~ the green i absolutely loved but at the end of the day i would only have used it as an evening bag :sad:

i actually lost quite a bit of money returning them what with exchange rates, bank fees & postage ~ perhaps if i had been able to see them in person i wouldn't have bought them at all :shrugs:

however ~ i adore my navy :heart: & i have bought quite a few bbags as compensation :P

I bought a navy metallic 227 and I honestly should have returned it because the metallic is rubbing off. But I've already used it so no turning back. I am really disappointed though and will never buy another metallic bag again.