Workplace Why did you choose the profession that you're in?

I have a degree in business admin. It just happens that my cluster for science classes were full for my freshmen year, and instead of being 1-2 year behind right off the bat, i just switched to a "stable" degree

I graduated with a BA in History and almost no debt and realized the only opportunities for me would require grad school and going into significant student debt. I wound up taking an entry level IT position as I'd been good with math, science, and computers. I worked my way up while completing my MIS for which the company paid.

I'd eventually want to complete a PhD in History, but I'll only do that once I've saved enough to pay for tuition and living. It's something I'll do for me and I want to make sure it's not something that will put me at risk financially.

I also sort of "fell" into my career/profession as well.

I got my Bachelors/BBA in CIS (Computer Information Systems) even though I was never that passionate about it (chose it primarily because my mom is in the field and it pays very well). The summer right after completing my Bachelors, I went on a few interviews in the field but didn't get any offers (this was 2009---bad year for graduating college and finding a good job). Luckily, I had already applied and got accepted into an MBA program at the same school where I did my BBA so I decided to just pursue an MBA right away after Bachelors since I didn't land any job in the field (this I am now very thankful for since it enabled me to find my current career).

During my 2nd year of MBA, I got an internship with the leader in media metrics & analytics (Nielsen) which is where I got my start in TV/media ratings research. After my internship, I worked for one of the big 5 broadcast nets for about 2 and a half years and have moved up in the field since then..now at another big broadcast net.