Why did you choose Chloe over other brands?

I love Chloe handbags because they are stylish, chic, luxurious, yet reasonably priced.

I love many other high-end brands too: Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes,...etc, but Chloe is my casual day-to-day bag. When Chloe goes on sale, that's when I snatch up a python one, almost at the price of a calf-skin handbag. :P:P:P

Hi,
I am new here and a really big handbagslover. Last year I bought myself a Louis Vuitton speedy damier 35 with abndouliere, but I long for a Chloe Marcie since some years, too. And now I ordered two Chloe bags , the medium model with shoulder strap, and I really struggle with the colours: TAN or NUT?? What would you advice me?
I tried to open a new thread, but unfortunately it didn't work. THat's why I try to say something in this way. I would like to send you some pics from bags.
What do you think: Is the Marcie mode still uptodate? I know it is me who really needs to love the bag, but concerning that great amount of money I wouldn't be happy if I knwe that the Marcie could probably go out of age....
I am looking forward to reading some opinions from you...
greetings from Germany

So, it's me again....
when I look at the onlienshops, I see more chloe Marcie bags in "nut" than in "tan".... what do you think? Is "tan" a colour that actually that is no more as "up to date" than "nut"?? Or, with other words: Will "nut" be the new "tan" regarding the popularity?

So, it's me again....
when I look at the onlienshops, I see more chloe Marcie bags in "nut" than in "tan".... what do you think? Is "tan" a colour that actually that is no more as "up to date" than "nut"?? Or, with other words: Will "nut" be the new "tan" regarding the popularity?

Hi there. Marcie is definitely up to date:smile: I have crossbody Marcie in Nut and I saw Tan in the store. Nut is saturated beige (or very light milky brown). Tan is darker color, it has more orange hues and looks like darker caramel/rust colour.
Nut appears in every collection for last few years, it's pretty classic. tan was last year seasonal colour as far I can recall.

Hi there again... I actually changed my mind on the colours, and now it will be the "NUT" colour I will keep! I have the two colours here with me, but have to send one bag back to the store. It seems to me that Chloe that modified the shape of the Marcie medium a little. When I compare the "tan" coloured bag with the "nut" coloured bag, I see that the round little bag on the "nut" coloured bag is slightly bigger and takes a little bit more room that the little bag on the tan coloured bag. If I could I would send you some pics! I think the latest medium Marcie bags look like the "nut" coloured bag (the round frontbag is bigger).... what do you think...?
But I really think I will take the NUT coloured bag.

In generell I see all Chloe Marcie bags (especially the medium models) as really stylish, elegant bags that go with you whereever you want. They show that you really understand style und elegance; the bags are not "too much" luxury and elegance as they will look sophisticated in really every single situation. You can dress them up or down - they always show: This woman has a really good style and taste!!:smile::tup:

Its not that I picked it over other brands but I do like Chloe bags (especially Paraty) because its like a work horse bag...So durable and I don't have to baby it AT ALL. I have a small Paraty that has gone through rain, snow, heat, etc and it still looks new! Worth every penny.

I've always been an LV & Gucci girl, but over the last year I've been eyeing the Chloe Marcie bag. I've been more and more attracted to it, yet I kept buying my annual LV & Gucci bags. This last month I've been to Nordstrom's probably 10 times & each time I had to go pick up the Marcie, try it on, stand in the mirror with it on my shoulder & in the crook of my arm. Then it occurs to me that over the years my taste has become more and more conservative, more and more mature, more and more classic. I've gone from the exclusive loud bags, to the iconic LV/Gucci logo bags, to again LV/Gucci no logo bags, to now the Marcie. It's classy and understated and timeless. The leather is like butter & the quality is top notch. Like the previous posts said, you can't go wrong with a Chloe bag. Even though I'm only on my first, it definitely will not be my last. I still love all of my LV's & Gucci bags, they stay in rotation, but now I have a new love. I don't know what took me so long to get one, but I'm soooooo glad I did.

Totally agree with you! I go through phases where I'd whip out my logo bags then put them away to hibernate and opt for my Chloe's and Balenciaga's. Lately I've been buying mostly discreetly pricey bags instead of logo bags because honestly, I feel more comfortable carrying them now (especially in NYC subway cars!).

Women who are "in the know" give me that knowing look when they see my bags but for the most part, I enjoy people liking my bags because they're gorgeous not because they scream out "LV" or "Chanel".

Totally agree with you! I go through phases where I'd whip out my logo bags then put them away to hibernate and opt for my Chloe's and Balenciaga's. Lately I've been buying mostly discreetly pricey bags instead of logo bags because honestly, I feel more comfortable carrying them now (especially in NYC subway cars!).

Women who are "in the know" give me that knowing look when they see my bags but for the most part, I enjoy people liking my bags because they're gorgeous not because they scream out "LV" or "Chanel".

I'm the same way too; I had a logo phase, but it's been dormant for a while...I don't feel like I should be doing a brand's advertising for them lol.

And I agree - it's great when someone in the know acknowledges your bag/shows/clothes etc.

I like Chloe bags for their original design, understated branding and high quality leather.

_lili_ states it perfectly. I have a wide collection of designer handbags, and just got my 2nd Chloe bag (Paraty, orange) when my husband told me to pick ANY BAG I WANTED (including Chanel). I just love Chloe, the quality is amazing, there aren't logos everywhere (b/c at @ $2,000 price point, I don't need to PAY to advertise for a company...kind of gauche IMO). I find that the quality of leather in my Chloe bags far surpasses any other bag in my collection. They smell AMAZING and feel LIKE BUTTER. I love the understated chic of a Chloe bag. I love the amazing craftsmanship and quality. I honestly think you truly get what you pay for, which, in this age of designer democracy, is rare.