Why did the designer have a bag sale and get angry at me?

Impulser

Feb 18, 2009
I have been shopping at Elezar by Julie Lazurus for little over a year now. I wanted to support a designer who tried to be eco-friendly. I brought two bags from the vivi line. One of them came incorrect. I ordered one gold hardware and one silver. But two two silver hardware bags came and they looked exactly the same. (one was black and a very dark navy). Even though gold was in the pic online and silver was never shown in navy, Julie said they never had any gold. Okay, I said I would exchange because she said I would otherwise have to wait for a check in the mail and did not want the hassel. I got a tote instead of the barrel shaped I prefer. The tote came with a pen and a few linty pieces inside. I read from previous post this is common because sometimes women return bags when they see them IRL. I noticed months later a long scratch on the exchange bag and I know I did not do it. Too boot the bag went on sale while I waited for the exchanged and she said she would not give me a refund because of shipping. It was only a $30 difference so I let that slide and try to understand her point as a business person.....Almost a year passes and I see she is having a sale practically giving away these bags and I was shocked. Imagine spending hundreds of dollars on something and seeing later its over 50% off. I did not need another bag, but who really does. I made a purchased and used a coupon code I had. She contacts me two weeks later after sending a tracking number and states she no longer has the bag. I said okay and switched to another color. Mind you we are both in New York and she takes almost a month to get it to me. I open this to find crumbs and old gum in a wrapper. I realized now she is just passive agressive and spites the customer. Julie Lazurus is very petty and vindictive. My friends told me I should contact her and return it but I think thats what she hoped for when she sent me this bag. I'm not gonna give her the satisfaction and just wanted to share my story. Because I know anyone who practices business like this wont last longhttp://i44.tinypic.com/fm1ijt.jpghttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2py7zv5&s=5

Last edited:

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
The poor customer service and control quality issues are probably what is driving this person out of business and forcing them to discount sell.

How are the quality of the bags?

I doubt I'd want to continue dealing with poor QC even if their bags were beautiful, it might not be worth all the headaches. I might give them benefit of the doubt once and try once more, but not for a third time.

Impulser

Feb 18, 2009
Your right. The reason I continued patronage was I did not want to think the worst. I only found a pen, It could have been an oversight. But this time when I saw the old gum and particles of gunk, I realized it was passive agressiveness. I am sure they check shipments and anyone with half an eye can see the bag was filthy. People I told said shes probably mad about me using a coupon on a unloading-sale item. But why take it out on a good customer who purchased in the past? Just look at my previous post concerning this brand. I was shocked because Julie and I never exchanged a bad word. I can not believe people are really this petty and unsanitary. This experiences is on my top 3 gross list.