Why aren't there alot of mon monograms out there?

sparklyred

Oct 28, 2009
So I think that is what it is called. It's the stripes and the intials you can have put on some of the peices. Anyway, I don't see many reveals on them and when I do, I think they are absolutely fabulous! I have never even seen anyone carrying one. I'd probably run over and compliment the person like crazy when and if I do. So what gives? Is is just the fact that then it is unresllable (well you can sell it to someone with the smae initails)? Or is it just because of the limited amount of pieces you can do it on? Do you think they will ever have it available for the Damier collection? And if you have one feel free to post. It is my holy grail of LV and I'm half way there:biggrin: Thoughts????

(Yes, I am on PF because I am doing some major avoiding of starting preparations for the next two days of festivities...I willl start soon, I swear!)

many reveal in the mon monogram clubhouse-so look there. I have one and I carried it once. LOL I just worry about vachetta getting dark I wish it could stay newly white color.

YEAH!!! I'm SO happy you posted this! Santa and I just ordered my Mon Monogram and I've been dying to post, but my account with PurseForum is too new for me to start my own post! Thanks! LV has only been doing the Mon Monogram for the Pegase, keepall and speedy and only in Monogram. It's still strictly on Monogram, at least for now and I am a lover of Damier, but when I saw their newest addition to the line, the Neverfull, it was SO fab I could not resist it!! I ordered the GM and therefore got to order the big stripes and initials that go on the Pegase 60. And, now you not only get to choose the colors, you also get to choose the interior color as well!!! I ordered Blue Clair and Ivory stripes (blue clair is the large stripe bordered by two ivory stripes and the interior is blue clair). I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT GET'S HERE!!! I'm like a kid with their nose pushed up against a candy store window!!!

^^was gonna get you the link, but i see that you've found it=)

i think there's not a lot out there because you can only get it on certain pieces. also, the 30% price hike may not seem worth it to some. for me, i worry that the mon mono paint will wear off like the color on the mc pieces do with use. even so, i agree they're beautiful=) if i ever get a mono speedy, it'll be a mon mono.

I wanted a mon mono piece but since my initials are LV, I think it would look silly. :biggrin: Maybe if they did it for damier though...

Actually I think LV would be really cute! I was considering getting that, because I really don't want my full initials out there. Plus, IF you ever decided to sell it you probably could with LV. I have a nickname that can be two initials, so I used that instead.

Thanks! I actually went to Google and typed in Mon Monogram Clubhouse Purse Forum and found it that way!

However, since you are obviously a helpful person, can you tell me how to post a photo? I tried using the photo link in this text box but it wants me to use a URL address.

I think when the service was first offered there were a lot of reveals but they have died down. I asked about damier and was told LV doesn't have any current plans to offer it on damier because they aren't sure about the stripes with the checkers. But hopefully they are working that out. The insolite wallet will be the next piece offered for mon mono and that should be here january or february.

i think there's not a lot out there because you can only get it on certain pieces. also, the 30% price hike may not seem worth it to some. for me, i worry that the mon mono paint will wear off like the color on the mc pieces do with use. even so, i agree they're beautiful=) if i ever get a mono speedy, it'll be a mon mono.

lovebeibei, the Mon Monograms has a special coating that will prevent it from peeling off unlike the Multicolore pieces which are silk screened onto the canvas. That is the reason why you cannot have an existing Speedy, Keepall, etc...monogrammed. You have to order through the Mon Monogram service which LV imprints your chosen stripes and initials and then only after will they assemble the bag. :biggrin:

I have one... I am "aging" the venchetta... so only took her out a couple of times. I actually got my name on it, since, I have a 3 letter name. Here it is. She's a NF MM. I order her the first day LV officially launched the Mon Monogram NF. I had her since, end of November but with it being new and the rain season just started in CA. She hasn't been out much.

MonMonoNF_1.jpg

MonMonoNF_2.jpg

Last edited:
I want to get a mon monogram piece for myself but I can't seem to make up my mind on the colour combination :P So far, I've seen a couple of people carry their personalized bags and they look awesome!

I was just inquiring about this yesterday! The SA told me that i=since it's only available on a very limited number of pieces, it's not as popular as it could me. He did hint that the company may be *considering* opening the range of options, and doing mon monogram on more bags. If and when that happens, I'm sure we'll see it everywhere!

Thanks! I actually went to Google and typed in Mon Monogram Clubhouse Purse Forum and found it that way!

However, since you are obviously a helpful person, can you tell me how to post a photo? I tried using the photo link in this text box but it wants me to use a URL address.

To post a picture you need to sign up for an account on PhotoBucket or a similar site (it's free). You upload the photos there, and it stores your photos and will give you different codes for the picture to post on forums and sites. You want to use the IMG CODE to post here. Can't wait to see your Mon Mono! I love this bag, and plan to get either a Speedy or Keepall one of these days...waiting to see if I am going to need the Keepall first!

For anyone else who needs the link to the Mon Mono "club," here it is: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...mon-monogram-club-312741-95.html#post17497344

For the new folks, you can also click on "thread tools" in the colored title bar for the thread to subscribe to a post so you get notifications when someone posts something new! :welcome: