Why are you selling your stuff?

PWD

May 12, 2014
The same way we all went crazy for monogram lv (and now most of us don't care for it) do you ever think that will happen to the chanel flap?

I read so many people selling their monogram LVs and buying Chanels, have you done so? If so what was your swap and was it ultimately a good financial switch? Did you get worth your money in your sale? Are you happy with your decision?

I sold three LVs ( Wilshire Blvd PM Amarante, Speedy 30 Azur, and Neverfull MM Ebene) in order to fund my first Chanels (Medallion Tote and Small Classic Flap- 1 Series, Lambskin). It was a good financial move for me- for the Speedy and Neverfull, i basically sold them for what i paid (not to mention, I personally find Chanel bags to be the ultimate bags for me...I owned LV bags for 1.5 years, I have been a Chanel owner for almost 4 years now)...I have since sold those two bags, which i purchased pre-loved, for brand new bags (my GST and Mini were both purchased in 2013-2014) which hold their value better.

There is always going to be that "next Chanel bag" that you are either saving for or selling for, but I think a move to Chanel is a wise choice. It was the best choice I ever made, in terms of a handbag brand. I know that some people will purchase bags from multiple brands but I am definitely monogamous(lol) when it comes to handbags.

I have to be honest, I love the idea of being loyal to one brand. I also prefer that chanel is family owned but I have been back and forth between lv and chanel almost with each purchase. Lv, chanel, lv, chanel, lv, chanel, lv . Wow. Just did a mental note and that's it exactly. I haven't sold anything yet, but do keep thinking if it but also the bag I want to purchase with funds I don't have yet since I haven't committed to selling switches back and forth between lv, chanel and today hermes and back to chanel. I realize I didn't really answer your question but I would love to hear what ever one says. Sorry for my off topic babble.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I'm not loyal. There's good in more than one brand. I love LVs for being able to take them anywhere; beach, travel bags, etc. . . w/o fretting. I love Chanel for it's luxury. I like Bal for it's edginess but timelessness. . . .

Not the most loyal, since I also buy other brands. I don't usually sell my bags, but the few Chanel pieces I sold, I did through consignment. I only received about 1/3 of the original price, so to answer one of your questions, I did not get my money's worth. Though, I am happy with my decision.

I think I constantly get into new things and try to get rid of the things I no longer use anymore... So far I have gotten a good return on my LV's.. but not any of my other brands tho. The ones that really have a low value in the second hand market ill just keep it and use it occasionally like my Bals and some guccis.

I quickly fall in love with bags, but if it does't fit my everyday uses, I end up having to sell it. Bags I swore I would keep for a long time end up given away or sold.

As far as Chanel, it just so happened that the perfect bags I was looking for were sold by Chanel. They filled a void I hadn't found yet with other bags, except maybe Dior. I consider my bag collection and make sure I'm not overloading in categories. For instance, not too many evening bags, or too many day travel bags, etc.

The same way we all went crazy for monogram lv (and now most of us don't care for it) do you ever think that will happen to the chanel flap?

I read so many people selling their monogram LVs and buying Chanels, have you done so? If so what was your swap and was it ultimately a good financial switch? Did you get worth your money in your sale? Are you happy with your decision?

I sold a LV neverfull gm & a speedy 30 for the exact same prices I bought them for and that was years later! So worth selling because I would rather have Chanel bags any day!!

I have been loyal to LV for years. I recently fell head over heels in love with Chanel and I've sold 3 of my LV bags to purchase 3 Chanel bags. I've always preferred LV's leather lines to their canvas lines, but with their recent price increases, I think Chanel bags are a much better investment. Plus, I've lost so much money on LV leather bags because they keep getting discontinued. With Chanel, the classics will be here for ages and I prefer this to trendy bags that plummet in value. My top three are still Chanel, LV and Hermes though, and I will continue to buy all three if I really love a bag.

When I first discovered my love for luxury items (2 years ago) I went absolutely crazy for LV, now a year later and my collection complete I realize that I don't love it as much as I love chanel. Even though I do not foresee myself selling any of my LV pieces I will definitely not purchase anything else. I am the type of person who does not find many things appealing or "for me" I am extremely picky( too much) so when I love a particular brand I go crazy and buy everything from that brand...then when I am satisfied I hope to find another brand that I love more...for example now that my Chanel collection is complete I am starting to save for my first birkin! :smile: Hope this made sense...I went off on a tangent.