Why Are You Hooked On Rm

it wasn't until the BBW MAB that LiLo was carrying that made me fall head of heels~ since then, forget about the LVs, forget about the Chloes, it was all about RM :love:

One of my Balenciaga buddies had gotten a grey mattie and I saw hers and just fell in love. Now I am a complete RM junkie and so far the obsession has no sign of slowing.

How about how/where did you first discover her bags (if it wasn't stumbling across the RM area on tPF)??

Me - I think it was (surprise, surprise) seeing a photo of Hayden P on some gossip website, carrying a MAB. I was like a dog with a bone trying to track down who made this amazing bag!

None of my friends back in the UK have heard of RM - I think she's still pretty unknown over there....

How about how/where did you first discover her bags (if it wasn't stumbling across the RM area on tPF)??

Me - I think it was (surprise, surprise) seeing a photo of Hayden P on some gossip website, carrying a MAB. I was like a dog with a bone trying to track down who made this amazing bag!

None of my friends back in the UK have heard of RM - I think she's still pretty unknown over there....

I think a gossip website introduced me to RM too: for me it was Lindsay Lohan carrying a Black Basketweave MAB...I really liked the simple, tasteful lines of the MAB, even though I 'm not sure its 100 % me...!

The moment I realized I had to have one was when I saw Vanessa Minillo carying her Yellow Nikki...I was glued to my screen lusting over it....Still lusting over it..! :P

Now, as an actual owner of RM, I find myself hooked cos of
1. Elegant design (modern and easy to add to any outfit)
2. Timelessness (has the "it bag" effect, but u won't get fed up with it after
a season or two/seeing it on everyone else)
3. Great quality (if u go for a colored leather, u 'll adore them)

I know that I 'm not gonna be giving up on RM anytime soon...:rolleyes:

The colors!! I only have 3 styles MAB/M, Matinee, & Nikki.. but I am hooked because I want to collect as many color as I can..so my collection would "look" more completed.!

The clean shapes with that hint of retro. The wonderful feel of the leather! The smell! The gorgeous colors!

I stayed away from this forum for several weeks to try to break the habit before I broke my bank account. When I stayed away, the cravings died down. But after only two days back, I'm already struggling to not buy another bag!! This is insanity.

I'm can't say that I'm "hooked" on RM or any other designer, but I'm sort of hooked on the smell of my Elephant MAB. No other leather bag I have, including other RMs, has such a divine scent of which I can never get enough. At one point I thought about selling the bag (needed the money) so I stuffed it and put it in its dust bag. A few days later I got it out of the closet to look at it again and decide whether to sell it or not. I didn't have to look at it. The second I opened that dust bag and got a whiff of that leather, that was it. No way, no how I'm letting it go.

I love the leathers, and the VARIETY of leathers, the colors, and the fact that they still look great despite being over 10 years old. The MAMs /MAB's are so beautiful and functional, the interior pockets are perfect. I Also love my Nikkis and my one Matinee.
Oh and the tassels!!!