Why are there so many Chanel 19's on preloved sites?

I think some people buy the harder to find colors and the sell them for a small profit. It‘s sad that people are doing that and not letting people that want to purchase the bag for their own personal enjoyment buy them from Chanel directly. I have a small Chanel 19 and think it is a great bag. If you are thinking of buying one, I wouldn’t let the amount on the preloved market bother you. I wouldn’t pay over retail though. If you are patient you will find the perfect one for you.

I am soooo tempted to buy a preloved Chanel 19. They are usually selling slightly below retail price. But I do deliberate if the difference is just several hundred bucks, is it worth it to buy secondhand. Don't really understand their motive of buying such an expensive, newly released bag to only sell it after a few months...does it mean that the bag is not worth keeping quality-wise?
~ food for thought

I am soooo tempted to buy a preloved Chanel 19. They are usually selling slightly below retail price. But I do deliberate if the difference is just several hundred bucks, is it worth it to buy secondhand. Don't really understand their motive of buying such an expensive, newly released bag to only sell it after a few months...does it mean that the bag is not worth keeping quality-wise?
~ food for thought

I had those identical, same thoughts! However those thoughts came to me after the bag was initially released!! I saw the 19 posted for resale everywhere. I even brought this to my the attention of my Chanel s.a. There had to be a real concerning reason for the quick resale. I love, love the look of the 19 bag. I deliberated right up til this very moment and I can actually say with certainty why the bag will not work for me. The shoulder strap does not rest on my shoulder, comfortably! Even if I wear it crossbody. There are a few other reasons, but I will not mention in this post.

Sometimes I think people are buying to “flex” the bag and then sell it after they’re finished posting it all over social media. I also think some, buy the bag to see if it works for them, but decide it’s not for them and then sell.

I have the 19 and I truly love it. It’s definitely an “acquired“ taste. When it was released, I didn’t like it and then I tried one on, and it was love. The aesthetic definitely fits my casual lifestyle and it’s a functional bag

Sometimes I think people are buying to “flex” the bag and then sell it after they’re finished posting it all over social media. I also think some, buy the bag to see if it works for them, but decide it’s not for them and then sell.

I have the 19 and I truly love it. It’s definitely an “acquired“ taste. When it was released, I didn’t like it and then I tried one on, and it was love. The aesthetic definitely fits my casual lifestyle and it’s a functional bag
Ditto for me. I have it in beige and black and they’re my most used bags. i have the classics too but never reach for them. The 19 is more casual to me chic and modern. Win win in my opinion

I think people buy a trend bag and then quickly figure out it won't work for them, then they have to offload it someplace. Everytime I see a bag with so many listed I know people went nuts on a trend that isn't working for them. Prices will come down eventually since so many are flooding the site. If they list it for 5600 or 5800 they probably gave the owner maybe 4200, under retail for sure. Lots are already on discount. I saw a few that look really sad, like this one. Maybe people don't want this look after just 1 month, it's all messed up and brand new, really.
9b7382f2475bbf5fbd7f790c38c6cea1.jpg

I loved the bag as soon as I saw the first ad for it. For me the allure was the gaudy gold cc, flexibility of wearing crossbody and also the price point for the size of the bag. I got it relatively early on, last year in November. And travelled over seas and to NYC with it, after the lock down didn’t bring it out much, recently it’s back in rotation and still love it. You either love the look or you don’t. Is it a classic, no, is it trendy, yes. That’s why I’m planning to use it while it’s on trend as much as I can. I wouldn’t pay over retail, I think you are patient you can get one form the store or preloved at a better price.

That would be an odd reason to resell, especially since you lose hundreds of dollars reselling to places like fashionphile. What I think is actually happening is resellers are high jacking the boutiques to sell for a profit, particularly the hard to find colors.