Why are the Slim Carly's more $$$?

hrimaliv

here I'm alive
O.G.
Jan 25, 2007
Just wondering if anyone knows why the slim carly's are more expensive than the medium sized carlys?

The med sig carly is $348 but the slim sig carly is $378. I thought the slim was smaller and that was the whole point? I must be missing something.

The slim is bigger than a medium.. smaller than a large.. it's the middle sized bag for everyone! :biggrin: I believe.. o_o

CARLY SIGNATURE
This new style boasts all the reasons to become your favorite bag: a large, slouchy shape, our graphic Signature print fabric, a long strap and iconic detailing.
# Inside zip pocket
# Cellphone/multi-function pocket
# Ring to clip an accessory or keyfob
# Zip-top closure
# Signature jacquard fabric with lightweight leather trim
# Turnlock detail
# Fabric lining
# 12 1/2" strap with dogleash clip
# 6 1/2” drop
# 15 (L) x 9 1/2 (H) x 5 (W)

New CARLY SLIM SIGNATURE
Carly’s cool, slouchy silhouette has never looked better, thanks to our oversized Signature print fabric. Timeless and modern, this roomy style will be a mainstay in your wardrobe.
# Inside zip pocket
# Cellphone/multi-function pockets
# Ring to clip an accessory or keyfob
# Zip-top closure
# Signature fabric with crinkle patent, lightweight retro glovetan cowhide, and nappa cowhide trim
# Fabric lining
# 16” strap
# 10” drop
# 15 3/4 (L) x 11 1/2 (H) x 5 1/2 (W)

A bit bigger ^^

^^^^It has to be a misprint because I saw it today and it's only 2-2 1/2 inches wide.

Yep. I agree. I saw them on Sunday and they are definitely only a couple of inches wide and don't look to stand up on their own. Not a deal breaker for me. I like the size also but I'm not wild about the trim. It doesn't look nearly as nice as the regular Carlys.

^^^^It has to be a misprint because I saw it today and it's only 2-2 1/2 inches wide.

lol...thanks for clearing that up for me! that makes more sense now

2.5 inches wide? Dang...I have a WRISTLET that is that wide.

waaaaaaaaaay too slim for me...that would drive me bonkers. Keeping fingers crossed that DH gets me the medium carly for Christmas (heck - I surrendered my PCE card to him! hehe)

I think I'll be passing this bag up for now, I may decide I want it later...but right now I have my eye on the chocolate sig duffle :graucho:
Plus the next Carly I get, I really really really need to get the large black leather.