why are the Nikki's on ebay so expensive?

So sellers are listing their bags with the live cashback in mind? I sell on ebay and I DO NOT price my auctions according to the live cashback deal. I think thats stupid IMO. Has anyone even gotten payment from them yet? also, I dont dont want to wait 60 days to get a "refund" I rather just NOT pay the "full asking price" and rather "get my discount ahead of time" if that makes sense. In my opinion RM bags are over priced, considering all of the time I have spent reading about quality issues. And I agree with the above mentioned, that if I wanted to pay over retail or close to retail for a bag thats been worn, I might as well pay the full price and purchase one that has not been touched by anyone, let alone sitting in someones home god knows in what condition/environment.

I have over 700 sitting in my live.com account and $100 being transferred right now. When it was 35% off it was a great deal and why not mark up a bag to make money if you know someone will buy it. I received 700 for my stonewash blue nikki and the buyer got it for 525.00. It was deal for both of us. Even with that 700 I don't even think I covered my expenses maybe I made $10.00. The buyer received a brand new bag that may or may not be re-cut for cheaper than retail.

I have over 700 sitting in my live.com account and $100 being transferred right now. When it was 35% off it was a great deal and why not mark up a bag to make money if you know someone will buy it. I received 700 for my stonewash blue nikki and the buyer got it for 525.00. It was deal for both of us. Even with that 700 I don't even think I covered my expenses maybe I made $10.00. The buyer received a brand new bag that may or may not be re-cut for cheaper than retail.

And the buyer is very very pleased with her gorgeous bag;)

I find it difficult to believe that any of these bags offered on ebay lately were bought at retail.

Yep....the sellers are smart.....it's the buyers who need to have their eyes opened.

:tup::tup::tup:

I suppose I will keep looking, however looking through the completed items I dont see them selling like hot cakes..$400 is a reasonable price. I just dont know how RM decided the Nikki was "worth" $600 considering all of the issues with quality and material and not to mention inconsistencies..I guess im just annoyed that newer labels that are fairly recent price their bags so high, I mean $600 is MORE then a Louis Vuitton etc /end rant

in the end, the demand controls the market :biggrin:

Last edited:
:tup::tup::tup:
I just dont know how RM decided the Nikki was "worth" $600 considering all of the issues with quality and material and not to mention inconsistencies..

There have been absolutely NO quality issues with the Nikki. The only issues has been mismatched panels and it doesn't happen that often. Obviously no one should be buying a nikki with mismatched panels at a high price on ebay and if they get one from an etailer or RM it should be sent back immediately. I think RM Co. That being said.. why can't a Nikki be priced at $600??

Of course we'd all like it to be cheaper so we could buy more of them but there is nothing wrong with the Nikki.

I find it difficult to believe that any of these bags offered on ebay lately were bought at retail.

Yep....the sellers are smart.....it's the buyers who need to have their eyes opened.

I might not be selling a Nikki but the Market Tote I have listed was not only purchased at retail but with over $40 in tax tacked on as well. There are also quite a few special orders up for sale that were definitely purchased at full retail value plus shipping.

^^ ITA! I saw a used Nikki go for 825 BIN on Feebay and I about fell out of my chair:faint::faint:. The value truly lies in the eye of the beholder and if you must have it you'll pay the price (at least the seller hopes). I think w/ the gain in popularity that RM has had many people are collectingcertain colors and years as they do B bags. For me I pay over retail for a B bag if I really want it and it cannot be found anywhere else, carried or not:yes:. It is a personal preference as to how much you are willing to pay but if you are just looking for a deal be patient. There are some great codes and good deals posted, you just have to be quick:smile:.

what used rm sold for $825? yikes, for that $ get a new bal day bag.

i love my nikki but think it would sell it for 1/2 that amount and it's in like new condition although not a pseudo-rare color like wine.

however a big benefit to purchasing a nikki on ebay is you're able to inspect the actual bag for sale. i've seen way too many nikkis with mismatched panels or blemishes and they're not returnable despite paying full price. :shrugs:

i'm still stunned by that recent stonewash nikki with cigarette burns and the sage nikki with two-tone panels. can you imagine? :wtf: so i can personally justify spending a little more on ebay because i'm looking at the actual bag for sale and it's likely from a trusted seller (and hopefully a fellow tpfer.) :okay:

There have been absolutely NO quality issues with the Nikki. The only issues has been mismatched panels and it doesn't happen that often. Obviously no one should be buying a nikki with mismatched panels at a high price on ebay and if they get one from an etailer or RM it should be sent back immediately. I think RM Co. That being said.. why can't a Nikki be priced at $600??

Of course we'd all like it to be cheaper so we could buy more of them but there is nothing wrong with the Nikki.

Excuse me??? No Nikki issues regarding quality???

Mismatched panels, demarcations including, burn marks, blemishes that RM is now calling part of the leather.....long waiting times, foul smelling leather.....questionable customer service.....just to name a few. I know, I know....you're going to tell me customer service has NOTHING to do with the Nikki itself, but I say it does.

And as far as paying retail and above for your Market Tote, I suppose I'll have to take your word for it. Although, if you're intent was simply to buy and sell on ebay, then why not return it and get something else???

And the Nikki could be priced at $1200.....what's your point????

^^Those are issues regarding quality control - not neccesarily overall quality (which concerns leather quality, lining quality, stitching, hardware, etc). Every handbag manufacturer ends up with imperfect bags, but some are better than others at preventing those bags from ever reaching the market. Quality control like that generally drives prices even higher. A Nikki in perfect condition is worth $500-$600, IMO.

Also, I don't think you can compare a LV priced at $600 to the Nikki. Those are made out of canvas.

That being said - there is one thing I am really happy about with RM. Usually, when bag designers start getting popular, their prices go up and their quality goes down (kooba, Marc Jacobs - I'm talking to you!). RM prices are going up, but at least the quality is going up rather than deteriorating.

^^Sorry Contessa - I know it wasn't you who made that comparison. I was just being lazy and didn't add the poster's name in the response. Glamm was the one who said the Nikkis were more expensive than LV. : )

Also, I did want to mention that what RM bags are worth to various people is something no one is ever going to agree upon. I know Contessa is a BE gal, so I know where she is coming from with her complaints. BE's service is outstanding, and if one gets used to treatment like that, everything else pales in comparison.

I think I am a little more jaded overall with the handbag/designer market and its overall treatment of its customers - so I tend to be satisfied with less-than-perfect service. Horrible service - no, but it takes a lot to rate an experience as horrible.

Last edited:
Regarding the price of Nikki on ebay, I actually think they are fairly priced. I dont think Nikki ever goes on sale. So unless you have special connection with RM etc.. you are gonna pay full retail for the bag. I believe that is the case of many sellers on ebay.. Plus I would think about $40 goes to ebay/paypal.. and sometime sellers have to make up for the shipping cost. To me, the bags are at reasonable price. Too bad there aren't too many great RM bags on ebay now.. and we are looking at price increases (on ebay) after 9/16 ...

Here is a new noir nikki at $520

http://www.ecrater.com/search.php?keywords=minkoff

^^Sorry Contessa - I know it wasn't you who made that comparison. I was just being lazy and didn't add the poster's name in the response. Glamm was the one who said the Nikkis were more expensive than LV. : )

Also, I did want to mention that what RM bags are worth to various people is something no one is ever going to agree upon. I know Contessa is a BE gal, so I know where she is coming from with her complaints. BE's service is outstanding, and if one gets used to treatment like that, everything else pales in comparison.

I think I am a little more jaded overall with the handbag/designer market and its overall treatment of its customers - so I tend to be satisfied with less-than-perfect service. Horrible service - no, but it takes a lot to rate an experience as horrible.

I can only speak for myself, but when I buy, I don't buy based on what I think something is "worth". If I really love it, I'll buy it- regardless of the price. And like fragrances, handbags are also inflated....it's part of the industry and I'm fine with that. But if I pay for something I want, it has to be a quality product....otherwise I'm wasting my time and money.

And I could care less as to why the SA has a pissed off expression or demeanor in the store....I'm not there to be her best friend, I'm there to buy. Period.