Why are the LV Denims so Pricey??

Hmmm...I would think its the processing of the fabric. It seems like they price from lowest to highest material and production cost...Coated Canvas--Denim--Epi (patent leather)--Vernis--Suedes--etc. Just a guess though...

I'd really love to know why the denim is expensive. It has to be made/coated a certain way to make it last, because I'd imagine denim can't last as long as canvas.

I'd really love to know why the denim is expensive. It has to be made/coated a certain way to make it last, because I'd imagine denim can't last as long as canvas.

I don't think denim or idylle fabric is coated and wouldn't expect it to hold up as well as canvas. That's why I will not buy LV fabric, or any fabric bags for that matter.

I don't think denim or idylle fabric is coated and wouldn't expect it to hold up as well as canvas. That's why I will not buy LV fabric, or any fabric bags for that matter.

i've been wondering, what is mono idylle made of? lv.com calls it a canvas... and i thought it was made to be a sturdier mini lin (and that was made of linen.)

I think it's because it's different. IMO, not everyone loves it but the people who do love it, really love it and will be willing to pay extra. If that makes sense. Sort of like the MC line.

I was looking forward to the new Denim line but quite frankly it kind of seems a little "bare bones," IMO, compaired to the past LV Denim bags but with still a high price. I was considering getting in on the PM, but decided to pass.